please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

FENNEC FOX CARE SHEET

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

FENNEC FOX CARE SHEET

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Written by me, in word document for now.

This took up my whole day today. I got distracted after referring someone to my anteater care sheet then getting annoyed by people calling their fennecs omnivores.

Anyway check it out it's 12 pages long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ID ... mQNkR0/pub

Includes in-depth diet and nutrition info based on decades of research and backed up by some science as well as some tips on training fennecs, heath issues of fenncs, what to look for in fennecs breeders, how to prepare for your fennec to come home, proper caging, etc.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fennec fox care sheet

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm excited to read it. You may want to put a link to it or a sticky in the general forum since people are more likely to see it there? Just a thought. I have to go to work, but I'm going to read it tonight.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, I created this section so it would be easier to find the fennec and other less common fox info instead of having it buried in the general fox section where it gets lost but I could add it there too for awhile and hopefully Pat can find time to add it to the official care sheet page of the site as well.

Would it help if I switched the forum title around? "Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray - rare foxes" or "Fennecs, swift, corsac, gray and other rare foxes"

I was originally going to call it smaller fox species till I realized Arctics are smaller than grays but Arctics are second to reds in their frequency of posting about them here so that would have defeated the point. I keep imagining arctics as being big, I guess it's the puffy coat that fools me.

PS I thought I had stickied this but it didn't take, got it now though.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:10 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Well, I created this section so it would be easier to find the fennec and other less common fox info instead of having it buried in the general fox section where it gets lost but I could add it there too for awhile and hopefully Pat can find time to add it to the official care sheet page of the site as well.

Would it help if I switched the forum title around? "Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray - rare foxes" or "Fennecs, swift, corsac, gray and other rare foxes"

I like "Fennecs, swift, corsac, gray and other rare foxes"
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Thank you. I was leaning towards that anyway so went with that. I contemplated a & instead to make it a bit shorter but thought it looked funny.

I could change the order of the subforums too but think on the bottom is actually more visible since it's closest to the posts where people are reading the main forum.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm

TG,,

Didn't get a chance to read threw it all yet. so far, from what I seen, it looks so good.
I can believe you spend so much time on it. you did a wonderful job with it.

won't hurt to put it in both places. you said you did a sticky, it should stay where it is. which is good.
I would put the title in caps though. should stand out better.

Thank you for all your hard work. I appreciate it. hopefully, it will help other members that are interested in fennecs and new owners.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FENNEC FOX CARE SHEET

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Thank you.

Okay. I normally don't like doing all caps but your right that does help some. Too bad stickies aren't a different color from other posts, but that would probably be a theme issue.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:03 pm

I understand what you are saying about using caps. to me,if it was in a conversation, then all caps is not good.
but for a title, I think it will be better.

maybe the new upgrade will have more features.would be nice if the title offers a choice of colors. won't know till I start working with it.... I have been wanting to do the upgrade for months, but, just couldn't get to it. still having a hard time setting time aside to do the upgrade. icon-sad ... couple times, I started it, then got each time got side tracked with other crap.

again, great job on the fennec care sheet.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:55 am

Still haven't gotten to reading it--hopefully will have time tomorrow to do so.

I like the new name with fennecs being listed first. People looking for fennec information will be more likely to find it there.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:54 pm

I just got a chance to read it. :)

It's great! I will share this with anyone who wants a fennec. I like that you use your scientific research to back up your claims too.

I would love to see how long a fennec lives on the diet you recommend. I'd be interested in seeing the results of the blood tests you get done on your fennec, especially once it gets older.

This really makes me want a fennec again. :mrgreen: I'm glad I did not start off with a fennec like I almost did. The info on them 5 years ago, especially concerning diet, would not have been appropriate.

This is a great resource. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us and providing this care sheet for those interested in these cute little canines. Well done!
dmarksvr

Postby dmarksvr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:02 am

MAYBE there is a better one out there... It's been while since I looked up Fennec Care sheets: but if memory serves this is the best one I've seen.

Really good job!!!

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”