PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Swift, Corsac,and Pale Fox Breeders?

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Swift, Corsac,and Pale Fox Breeders?

Postby caninesrock » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Does anyone know of any breeders that breed Swift, Corsac, or Pale Fox in the US?

I know Elina has Corsac, but she's in the UK and I think she said in posts before that she couldn't get them to breed. Are there any Corsac
fox breeders in the US?

For Swifts, I know Mandy/ Dinnka/Wild Adventures, used to breed them, but I saw on her Facebook page that she is no longer breeding them because her male died and she hasn't been able to find another mate/companion for her female. Are there any other Swift Fox breeders or was Mandy the only one? If she was the only one, I guess Swift Foxes are no longer in the pet trade and no one can have them anymore. :cry:

Pale Fox I know a long time ago one breeder (don't remember who) had them listed on their website, but I can't find info about them being bred in the US anymore.

What about other species of fox? Are Red, Gray, Arctic, Fennec, and Bat-eared Fox the only species of fox available in the US or are there others?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Swift, Corsac,and Pale Fox Breeders?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:15 pm

There are corsac breeders in the US one or two but they aren't publicly listed as they'd be flooded with way more interest than they could fill.

I don't think there are any pale fox breeders in the Us. That one group/person imported some but they didn't handle it well and they sold them off.

My personal goal in life now is to import some pairs of Blandford's foxes and do it right. I believe they would make amazing pets. I have no idea how long it would take me to make that happen but I really want to. I'd probably start calling them Cana foxes though. I don't like saying Blandford's, lol and it's the latin name so not wrong.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:38 am

Mary,
never heard of Blandford's foxes. found this link:
http://www.arkive.org/blanfords-fox/vul ... 18027.html

wow, they are unique. their face and ears look like a fennec, but, I guess the body is bigger.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:00 pm

They're cool. Like a mix of mongoose(or ferret) and fox with some cat. Cute as a fennec almost as small but don't seem to have the jumpy flghtiness that fennecs do.

Video starts kit but ends young adult https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IUEUvW0sk8
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Blandford's remind me of a cross between a fennec and swift. I think that's what it would look like if a swift and a fennec were able to have a baby together. :lol:

How would one go about finding the Corsac breeders?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 pm

I don't know. They exist though. Maybe by the time your ready they'll have better success with breeding and be more available.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:56 am

TG, that would be AMAZING if you were able to obtain a pair. They've been such an obscure species (never heard of someone owning them before until you posted the video), and we don't talk about them much. When you do get them, I want to be first on the list for a baby! :mrgreen: They seem super unique personality-wise!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:04 am

Ash wrote: I want to be first on the list for a baby!

Of course.
Speer

Fox Breeders?

Postby Speer » Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 pm

I am looking for a fennec fox breeder! I am located in New Jersey and am having zero luck finding one anywhere! Anyone know of any that might be in Ohio,Pa,Ct,ny, or nj?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I'm sorry, but fennecs are not legal to own in New Jersey. :( https://sybilsden.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9095
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”