PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pallid Fox

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pallid Fox

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:33 am

Okay who has the pet pallid and why are they not blogging so I can follow them?

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pallid Fox

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:33 am

They're the same as pale foxes, right? I'm definitely going to list them. I've been so curious about them ever since they became available. Those pictures make them look cuter than they did in the ads. Is their care similar to a fennec?

If Chasing-Tail has some, maybe you could drop by for a visit and meet one. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah pallid means pale so saying pale is a more simplified version of their name.

Looks similar to a fennec from the videos but she didn't talk about diet and such but I'd assume it's about the same. She didn't have that jumpy flighty nature that fennecs have. Which is nice. I always feel a little bad for how nervous fennecs seem but that's just their nature. I think if the importer/breeder had done their job right they would have become very popular. But you have to plan long term. They thought they'd sell easy just from being rare but you need to market them. Photos, video care sheet, which means keep the first litter(s) so you can get the info to show what they will be like. I mean if no one's had them before and we have no info maybe they spray skunk smell like a ruppels or will want to chew your face off, who knows :lol: So you have to be able to inform people what they will be getting into. So yeah some photos and videos like these would have got them selling better.

Well from her talking in the video she just has this one I think. She tried to get an unrelated male for her but couldn't. One that she did get she said was too old and not tame enough so I think she sent somewhere else. With their being rare/one time deal she probably should have kept him anyway so he could breed even if not be used in education shows.

But yeah would be cool to meet a pallid in person if she still has her, the videos are older so would need to ask.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:20 am

You should definitely ask. I've wondered about them ever since they popped up. I'm sure they could be imported again if someone was willing and had the time and money for a breeding program of pallids. Now that I've narrowed my interests down to foxes and aardwolves mammalian-wise, I've become super curious about the different fox species.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Aaaw, that is so cute. Are those Chasing-tail's foxes?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Ash wrote:Aaaw, that is so cute. Are those Chasing-tail's foxes?

Yes. Since she couldn't find the female pallid a mate she put her with a fennec(also female) so she'd not be lonely.

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”