ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

My Research

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kasper

My Research

Postby Kasper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 am

This is where I'm going to keep all the research I have gathered and how I have interpreted it. Feel free to comment if you have additional information on any of the species. I claim none of this information as my own!

I will also be planning how I intend to prepare for a fox of my own.

FENNEC FOXES

Diet:
- Fennec foxes are CANIVORES!
-They are NOT onmivores and DEFINIFTLY NOT vegetarians or vegans.

- 90% of their diet is made up of boned meat and insects. Owners generally advise feeding the fox raddit, and if raddit is not an option, skinless chicken and turkey breast meat. Insects should make up about half of the meat side of the diet as they contain little retinol. Feeding them live insects are better than dried insects as they have more moisture in them.
- The remaining 10% of their diet is made up of veggies and other things. Veggies should be low in sugar. Such as Celery, boiled sweet potato, jicama root because of their high water content. As in the wild a fennec fox would eat these to get water.
- While you can feed them kibble it should be avoided as it can cause long-term health problems as they can't digest it properly.

Housing:
- Fennec foxes, most of the time, are housed indoors.
- They can be let outside if they are in a warmer climate but they are escape artists.
- If you do have an outdoor enclousure for your fox, having a roof/top to it would be advised as there could be birds of prey in your area.

-As there are many dangers in the modern home, letting a fennec fox have free reign over the house unsupervised is out of the question. They should have a cage where they are kept if you are unable to monitor their behaviour.
- The cage's bars shouldn't be any wider than 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch as they can push their heads through the gap and get stuck.

My research sources:
http://tiny-foxes.com/Diet.html
Critters interested in owning at a later date:
- Fennec Fox, Arctic Fox, Red Fox

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”