https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

where are all the Grey Fox people?

For species less common than reds and arctics.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

FrenchFox

where are all the Grey Fox people?

Postby FrenchFox » Sat May 21, 2011 5:19 am

Hi, new poster here who has been researching foxes for way too long. I'm going to be getting a Grey Fox kit soon and I was wondering what other people have to say about them.

Stories?
Pics?
Opinion?

Before I agree to pick up my little bundle of joy (should I say little monster?) I would like to talk to some other people who have owned Grey Foxes.

Anything you want to share would be helpful to let me see inside their world as opposed to a different fox breed. Thanks!
Alynn

Re: where are all the Grey Fox people?

Postby Alynn » Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 am

Hm... I don't have one myself, but from what I heard grays are quite wonderful. They don't smell are are quite small. They, of all the fox species, are probably the most cuddly and affectionate (according to Mandy Markley here on the board). They are climbers though - so be sure that you provide some sort of climbing outlet. An outdoor enclosure would probably be nice, with branches and shelves to keep the fox occupied. I've also heard that they aren't too bad about marking and some will barely mark at all.

That's all I really know about them, sorry! If you can get in touch with dinnka or Mandy Markley on the board I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you all about gray foxes. :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Never owned a grey fox, and there aren't too many people on here who have them. Everything Alynn said is spot-on, so I have nothing to add. Except if you go to the classifieds section, I know there is a grey fox kit for sale. Just in case you're interested. :P

Are you planning on getting your fox this year?
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Dachsnok

Postby Dachsnok » Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I have a new grey kit that is 5 weeks old. I also have owned one previous to her. What would you like to know?
FrenchFox

Postby FrenchFox » Tue May 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Tell me everything! I really want to be prepared before bringing the little guy home. Most of the people I have talked to have owned Reds, Arctics, or Fennecs. I havent been able to find many Grey owners.

I know that they are big climbers. Does this mean that Greys cant be indoor foxes?

What about litter training? Are they usually easy to litter train? Are they reliable when using the litter box?

Marking? Are they known to mark all the time or not really?
Dachsnok

Postby Dachsnok » Thu May 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I have been told that if you want a house pet greys are the only way to go. They are the friendliest and most social. My first grey was an outdoor fox so I never litter trained her. This new girl is only 5 weeks old so we are working on it. Im crossing my fingers that I can get her potty trained! The only fox that I succesfully litter trained was a silver. But i will keep you updated on it! Also greys have the least smell (except maybe for the fennec..I've never owned a fennec so I dont know).
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Jen Jen is a grey fox person, from what I've read :)

Return to “Fennecs, Swift, Corsac, Gray and other rare foxes”