ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

More snakes to join Burmese python on restricted list

In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Nìmwey

Re: More snakes to join Burmese python on restricted list

Postby Nìmwey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7epX0h7G1s
A five year old video, when this law was a threat on burms, retics, boas and more - now five years later, eight out of the nine species on that list have been affected - only the Boa constrictor remains.

Another couple of years, they will get the boas.
Then they will go for all boids.
Then for all snakes.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 am

An update from Kevin McCurley (NERD) to Retic Nation FB page [profanity censored]

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing, read the bold text. Those are the highlights.

** Update 3/18/15 **
- We have requested (formally ) a letter to Dan Ashe - USFWS to extend the 30 day window to list Retics/Greens. We are asking to WAIT til the lawsuit is heard or a much longer period to get ourselves in order. [emphasis added]

- The emergency injuntion is still being worked on, it has not been filed just yet. We MUST have it perfect and easily understood by the Judge. We have one shot and we must show the loss of genetics and years and years of work lost.....

- I see people talking about the economics of Retic breeding and the overall business/loss. What is VERY SAD is that last year when we had all of our chances to list all of this MANY MAN MANY people did literally NOTHING!!!!! They had a chance to help themselves and all of us here but did not do a thing!!!!! This really hits us hard now since we FAILED to invest a bit of time and effort to accomplish a better response. Look back, Retic people seemed absent in the process. Retic People largely DID NOT write letters to USFWS during the comment period. ALL of these letters would have helped and gave us more to argue in the actual lawsuit!!!

- One thing that *** me off is... a few people that BASH USARK and BASH all of this and that and then RUIN the involvement of people we so need!!!!! So, instead of us benefitting by the scientific minds of a few that we could really use we don't get them at all because a certain person RUINED it all for the rest of us!!!! Old USARK verses new USARK...... w/o saying names but ***!!!!!

- I feel that Reticulated Python keepers as a whole should have been more reactive, more involved, more educated and better motived back when we had a chance to get it on all record. Boa keepers provided more information and WON!!!!!

- Boa keepers clearly showed that they were being kept in numbers across the country while Retic Keeping seemed far more minimal..... Yes, we are in smaller numbers but the economics/ home business, investment, cage business, rodents, bedding all of that adds up to quite a large chunk!!! They actually let Boas PASS even though they are living in Florida while Retics and Green Anacondas DO NOT!!!! [emphasis added]

- Sadly, it appears as if I may be the point guy on a lot of the stuff that we are going to use and argue... ME?????? Well, I'm busting my *** to deal with this and give them what they need but I am rather shocked that other big breeders (some and mindlessly absent and uninvolved - No, Not Jay) We can not argue a case that is so involved without education our litigators... without making it understandable to a Judge.... so clearly..... this has become part of my job!!! Ok, I can do this but i feel as if sooo many people don't actually care and if they do they still don't help one bit....... Maybe donate a bit of $$$ to USARK or post something on their page?????? Grrrr......

** I hope we continue to get better and promote ourselves better in the future..... **

- What is sad there is a sharp contrast between MOTIVED RETIC Keepers and other Non-Motivated Retic Keepers. A small minority of Retic Keepers are largely doing ALL OF THE WORK while others just sit back.

- How the *** DID WE EVEN GET HERE????? Because so many Retic/Big Snake keepers DID NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!! Just sat there and did ***....

- There are a few that are doing the work and these PEOPLE SHOULD GET ALL OF OUR RESPECT and THanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Many keepers give nothing, not a penny.......... but they get to hide in the crowd... They don't write comments when it is needed.... they may even just rustle up some conspiracy theories instead.... Non of this helps... it only HIURTS!!!!

** So right now I am super frustrated to find out from people behind the scenes that the Retic people complain and whine about the loss but they are the ones that did the LEAST!!!!!

- On a good note, there are people that are busting *** for USARK which in turn is busting *** FOR ALL OF US!!!!!! They are doing amazing auctions and really trying to at least move in the right direction.....

- If you are NOT doing anything...... WHY??????? [emphasis added] We really need to be all on the same voice, all part of USARK since USARK is going to do all of the DIRTY WORK for ALL OF US BIG SNAKE KEEPERS!!!!!!!

Ok, rant over!!!!!!!!! Kevin

(** Older Post below with updates)

Updated: Let's get something straight... BASHING USARK is DUMB!!!!! SHUT the *** UP!!!!! So, if you do not support USARK and you have done nothing or you have a problem and an actual REASON why USARK does not get your support BUCK UP AND SPEAK!!!! Tell me WHY and even better tell me ANYONE else that is actually doing ANYTHING that can HELP!!!! If you are going to post about USARK/Andrew Wyatt and letting the Burmese Python pass by this is NOT worth talking about... that was the OLD USARK!!!!! We are NOT dealing with the OLD USARK, we are dealing with a far more progressive machine with multiple Attornies, a Lobbyist and Retic people on the inside!
We are getting our RETICS in a row and working to FUND the USARK counter attack. ** LAWYERS ** LAWYERS ** LAWYERS** Up next : Court Injunction, uphold the new Constrictor listing until the lawsuit happens and our case can be heard. At the very least we are asking USFWS to extend the 30 day period to a year! With the NARBC Auctions(Bob and Brian ROCK!!!!! SO many great people involved, wonderfully generous people donating BIG TIME and GREAT people BUYING!!! ) this past Saturday we were able to RAISE... over $115,000.00 for USARK and the FIGHT, THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY!!!! [emphasis added]

This is AMAZING and will go to help fund our fight!!!

Let's not forget, it takes a great deal of money to fight the "powers that be" and we picked a fight with a big dog! This money is essential and we all wish to thank EVERYONE for what they have given and to anyone thinking of joining in. IT ALL COUNTS and it ALL helps us STOP this legislation that wants to END many of the species that we keep!!! This is not just about big snakes, right now it appears that way but there will be MORE coming unless we fight back!
EMG

'I work with USARK, I KNOW USARK is our very BEST way to ATTACK and RETAIN our rights to keep the very unusual animals we all love!

We are doing a lot of things behind the scenes and right now $$$ is going to help pay for our legal fight. Here's Ten Grand NERD paid to HELP!!!!

Thank you to EVERYONE that has helped, donated and supported USARK. Please spread the word, strength is in numbers with STRONG LEGAL action!!!

Donate to the lawsuit. Any amount helps--even if it's just $5, or $10. I am not currently struggling financially, but I am in a tight spot with vet bills/enclosure costs right now, but I am donating. We NEED mammal owners willing to donate to this. Because in a few years, they WILL be coming after your exotic mammals.

http://usark.org/
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:15 am

Another update from Kevin McCurley NERD on Retic Nation

Seems like good news.

** Update 3/19/15 **

I am VERY EXCITED right now...... I think we just may have hit GOLD!!!! I have been talking to a LAW FIRM that is willing to get involved in our FIGHT!!!!!!!! He wants to help NERD ... which in turn helps all of us! This means, additional legal minds that can help refine all of our efforts! More legal minds means more angles and a more refined weapon!!! Presently we are overwhelmed, USARK has essentially a few attornies to deal with this ENORMOUS task!! Adding more Attornies and allowing these legal monsters to focus on the details can really help us in a KILLER way! This is no small legal firm or any of that..... this is a firm of LITIGATORS!!!! We may even have a NEW ANGLE to approach!!!!!! I was very impressed talking to this Yale schooled attorney and he is going to look over our case and if everything goes right he is going to HELP USARK and US be even BETTER!!!!! I have so much to say but we may have just got the REAL WEAPON we have been looking for... and a new angle regarding our New Listings!!! GET EXCITED, I AM!!!!!!!!!!! I think we may be able to play with the BIG BOYS AFTER ALL!!!!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I was able to donate a small amount of money the other day--and even though it wasn't much, I know it at least HELPS. If every reptile owner/exotic animal owner donated JUST a dollar, it would make ALL the difference. That's how little you need to donate, because we have strength in numbers. Just do the little things you can, and obviously what you can afford while being reasonable.

Update from Kevin McCurley (NERD) regarding the lawsuit.

** Update 3/23/2015 **

Things continue to look up for our legal argument and firm standings. USARK - Via Kelly Drye has updated the Lawsuit/complaint. We are able to refine our argument as we prepare for the final showdown in court. It is still early in the game and there is a great deal to cover as we prepare to BUTCHER the phony science and the need to Federally limit the movement of some Python and Boa species when the real problem is a single state problem, in fact, 2 counties - in the Southern most tip of Florida! The lawsuit argument has been expanded and there are now critical new aspects being addressed that I personally, USARK, and our Attorneys have great faith in. If the law works, if there can be unbiased reasoning and judgement we have an excellent strong case. I think this will NOT be our last amendment in our lawsuit, we have another angle to work and it is a rather exciting one. This is where some of our money goes, getting attorneys all of the facts with every possible angle so they can refine our thoughts and create an effective set of weapons. It appears that we will soon have the help of additional attorneys which will greatly help us in every way possible. With these fresh eyes comes new ideas and more effective ways to deal with our problems!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Another update from NERD. Kevin McCurley via Retic Nation on facebook:

** Update 3/23/2015 **

Things continue to look up for our legal argument and firm standings. USARK - Via Kelly Drye has updated the Lawsuit/complaint. We are able to refine our argument as we prepare for the final showdown in court. It is still early in the game and there is a great deal to cover as we prepare to BUTCHER the phony science and the need to Federally limit the movement of some Python and Boa species when the real problem is a single state problem, in fact, 2 counties - in the Southern most tip of Florida! The lawsuit argument has been expanded and there are now critical new aspects being addressed that I personally, USARK, and our Attorneys have great faith in. If the law works, if there can be unbiased reasoning and judgement we have an excellent strong case. I think this will NOT be our last amendment in our lawsuit, we have another angle to work and it is a rather exciting one. This is where some of our money goes, getting attorneys all of the facts with every possible angle so they can refine our thoughts and create an effective set of weapons. It appears that we will soon have the help of additional attorneys which will greatly help us in every way possible. With these fresh eyes comes new ideas and more effective ways to deal with our problems!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

** 3/30/2015 ** Update.
USARK is working HARD!!!!!!!!!! The injunction is to be filed Tuesday. This has been quite the process and a daunting task to create for the attornies. This has to be ALL in one shot. We are filing later than we had hoped but there are lots of moving pieces involved. Looking it over is not much fun to say the least. To back up the Injunction we have letters of irreparable harm by various key people. These letter reenforce the depth of damage the new constrictor rule causes. Once we begin to liquidate and reduce our collections we lose key projects that we may never have access to again. It's kind of like, no amount of money will replace an arm that got torn off. We are suffering that type of damage. Kelley Drye is hard at work and there is a great deal of back and forth as small tweaks and fixes are made.

If we get this, we may get a stay of the Constrictor Rule until the Lawsuit has been heard. This would be a best case scenario. Worse case, Injunctions are often NOT granted, a stay of the Constrictor Rule could just be ignored... but all of this helps us fight the Interstate part. At the very least, the Reptile Nation is FIGHTING and we are getting better at what we are doing!!! Looking at other Industries such as Birds and Fish we are smaller in number but far better organized, USARK deserves some credit here for sure!!!

Frog/Amphibian Keepers should be NERVOUS!!! USFWS is looking at a bill/rule that would stun this part of our Industry. Funny..... many keepers did not care about us big snake keepers but they are now facing some serious worries...and in this case. USFWS has some very real concerns.....
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Fish and Wildlife denied USARK's request for an extension the other day. Go figures... it's the same people who passed the law in the first place...

But it sounds like the injunction is coming along great. It may have already been submitted today, or maybe sometime really soon this week.

** 4/1/2015 ** Update **
Injunction is still being refined, this needs to be done with USFWS denial letter.
Wow, the teeth are coming out. The language from our side has become very strong and determined. Personally, I am very impressed with our legal action and people involved. The Reptile Industry has literally out performed the Fish and Bird industry and they are bigger than we are!!! We are honing our blade and it shows. It was good that we did not file the Injunction since the added new refusal is part of our hardship. Lots to say here but we are almost ready to fire this off.... today looks likely. The amount of time the attornies have spent on this is quite something, not a fun read to say the least! We have multiple attornies backing up Kelley Drye to make sure USARK has the BEST shot. Let's all be thankful USARK is putting EVERYTHING into this action!!!!!

** Update 6:00 PM ** Filed 4/1/2015 I now believe.

WOW.... does it looks serious!!!!! As soon as I get the OK we can release more details......
KingObeat

Postby KingObeat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Typical Fish and Wildlife a**holes.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:35 pm

** Update 4/2/2015 **
Injunction was Filed with a restraining order to make sure it is heard! This is a fair sized argument with Declarations of HARM from several breeders/keepers. Here is the link to the restraining order/ Injunction(below). (Yes, it's a long read.... goto page 10/11 and zero in dead center on the chart). THere are many things being argued here but one KEY point is if interstate travel is actually banned by the Lacey Act with invasive/Injurious. We are CHALLENGING this point. The verbage speaks of Importation into the country which is clearly ILLEGAL. In 1977 USFWS offered their interpretation of the law and there would be no shipping to the Intercontinental United States, no shipping between US territories Hawaii to US, Hawaii to Puerto Rico, To British Columbia.... In essence, it regarded the US as a WHOLE.... it did NOT speak of interstate movements but shipments into the country as a whole. So, USFWS clearly stated their view of the statute in 1977. Over time that view CHANGED! More importantly, under the Lacey Act the statute effecting Endangered Species limits importation AND interstate travel (crossing a state border would be a Lacey Act Violation). At SOME point USFWS took THIS statute and spoke of it governing Invasive/Injurious! Meaning, Invasive/Injurious had wording of no importation into the Continental US and back and forth to other US territories but NOTHING about interstate movement. THey pulled the Endangered Species/Lacey Statute over and "added" it to the Invasive/Injurious IN THEORY. It was never officially done...it just became? So, if they just speak about it enough then it IS?

This is a VERY STRONG POINT!!! Let this sink in.....

Looking over our Injunction argument and request for relief or simply, a STAY of the Constrictor order; we have one hell of an argument and this is where our money goes and COUNTS!!!!! This is where sharp minds, time, talent and endless tweaking is needed. Each point that we can add aids our overall argument. THis was a snowball and it's become rather big...not an avalanche but it is looking MEAN!!! What is rather exciting is the fact we have many angles to address... the more time spent on this the more we are starting to realize and address.

USARK is NOT the USARK people once thought had given up..... I am very proud of what was done and I don't think our argument could be stronger!

Here is the Injunction [url]http://usark.org/…/USARK_Memoradum_of_Law_in_Support_of_PI-…[/url]
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Here's a link to the injunction: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/USARK_Memoradum_of_Law_in_Support_of_PI-4.1.15.pdf

45 pages long, and almost too technical for me to understand. And I like legal jargon. I really have my fingers crossed.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Update from USARK. Hearing for the preliminary injunction will be on April 7th. If you are close to DC, attend the hearing to show your support.

The recent filings by USARK have set the Court into motion. The first hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday, April, 7 at 2:00 PM. This hearing concerns the preliminary injunction and extension of the effective date.

During yesterday's (4/2/15) status conference with both parties regarding USARK's application for Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) and Motion for Relief Pending Review (or preliminary injunction, PI), the Court asked if FWS, “would be amenable to a delay in enforcement of the challenged regulation with respect to interstate transportation of the species at issue..." This was requested by the Court to allow time for consideration to rule on a combined PI and summary judgment. In other words, FWS had another opportunity to voluntarily extend the effective date and was even asked to do so by the Court.

FWS was not expected to allow an extension as doing so at this point would greatly undermine their argument that substantial environmental harm will ensue if the rule does not go into effect next week. As the Reptile Nation and numerous scientists who have rebutted the USGS python study know, the invasive capacity for Reticulated pythons and Green anacondas in the U.S. is not the looming threat portrayed by FWS.

Below is a snippet from the FWS response with their reasons for not issuing a delay of enforcement:

"any delay in implementation of the Rule increases the opportunity for these invasive species to be introduced or spread further into the United States and cause significant environmental harm. Additionally, in the limited time they have had to research the issue, Federal Defendants do not believe that the Fish and Wildlife Service (“FWS”) has the authority to stay the effective date of a final rule without going through a formal decisionmaking process."

Even the USGS study used to support these listings specifies that only two continental states have potentially suitable habitat for these species. The areas are restricted to specific southern portions of Florida and Texas. These states already have laws regulating these species and there are no populations to "spread further." An injurious listing has no impact on intrastate ownership, so valid reasoning is absent to support this decision of not extending the effective date.

Also, as USARK identified in our extension request letter on March 16, FWS does hold the authority to issue an extension without the lengthy formal process and research mentioned above. The cited months of work involved to voluntarily allow an extension were not mentioned in the previous letter of denial from FWS Director Dan Ashe.

At the hearing, Judge Moss may rule on the preliminary injunction and enforcement extension from the bench, or there may be an additional delay. If you have not yet read it, USARK's PI is below. We have resolutely and proficiently represented the Reptile Nation. USARK will continue our course against this overreaching regulation.

Courthouse address:

U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
333 Constitution Ave NW #4400
Washington, DC 20001

Any herpers or supporters may attend the hearing.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:09 pm

This is looking.... awesome. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, can't wait to find out what this means!

** Update 4/3 **
Hmmmmmmm looks like USARK's injunction will NOT be ignored. I can not say much here but there is something POSITIVE ahead! As much as I would love to "spill the beans" and look for the positives I will wait for the official USARK statement. What I do know is that the support and belief in USARK with Donations, membership and Auctions has been a VERY SMART ONE! Our Legal representation and people involved have crafted one hell of an argument that was not ignored. This is great, as strong as our argument is we must find a willing audience that will listen........ well, we got lucky.

Sorry to beat around the bush here but at the very least, take a deep breath and realize that we may have actually done something very good. I think we have something that gives us all hope.... I was expecting the worst and we got something far better.

If you have NOT donated, joined or believed in USARK I think it's time you START!!!!!!!! It's ON!!!!!
KingObeat

Postby KingObeat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 am

The suspense is starting to get to me. :wall:
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Things are looking good and promising! Here's an update from NERD again about what's going on so far with the injunction. We may actually prevail here. :) So now everyone definitely needs to go donate! http://usark.org/

(Edited for language content/emphasis added)

** Update 4/4/2015 **
Ok, now that USARK officially released the statement I can mouth off a bit. I knew better to get my hopes up as we worked on the injunction and Declarations..... Speaking to attorney that is not at this time working on it I got the don't expect the Injunction to work.... in rare cases does an injunction actually change things. After looking at the final Injunction he was quite optimistic.. He said this looks very good! We clearly have an overwhelming argument with major unneeded restrictions and DAMAGE! We are very fortunate to have a Judge that is actually reading the law and wants to rule on LAW! We clearly could have been ignored or the Injunction gleened over and decided that Government knows best. Judge Moss met with Kelley Drye (our Washington Lawyer firm), Legal representation for USFWS and came back with a STRONG SUGGESTION that USFWS can voluntarily allow a "limited" stay of the Constrictor regulation. They could allow interstate movement of the Green Anaconda and Reticulated Pythons until further information was provided and substantiated... and quite possibly the lawsuit has been heard, argued and decided. USFWS retorted that they have been soooo busy and they need time to provide more information blah blah blah....... and they can't lift the restriction without a bunch of blah blah blah...... SO, if USFWS does not want to cooperate and bypass interstate transport then the Judge CAN and likely will! We all need to remember we are not asking to engage in environmentally nightmarish practices as we keep our pets.... What USFWS has provided as factual points why these species need to be controlled is clear and utter NON-SENSE! These points are bogus and I continue to be shocked as I read what they state as fact. Our lawsuit is going to KILL if we get the opportunity to pick apart their absolute *** reports and WHY these species should be listed....

As an example USGS report talks about Brown Outs due to Reticulated Pythons climbing up telephone poles and getting electrocuted in power lines!!!! The fear they spread is that our pets will directly or indirectly(their offspring) will climb into power lines and cause cities or communities to have BLAK OUTS!!!!!! They took the Brown Tree snake, made it HUGE and then tried to twist the story and make these large snakes look like literal environment nightmares!!!

I can not wait to argue each and every one of their LIES and accusations.....

If you have not supported USARK and you keep big constrictors in the USA "What the *** are you waiting for?" We have some major hope here and USARK is our weapon.....

Anyone bashing USARK now? Any of you idiots have anything to say now?????
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:28 pm

The court has been in session since 2:00pm, Washington DC time. So they've been looking over the injunction for five hours. Seems promising. Lots of times, injunctions are just dismissed.

Here's an update from NERD:

** Update 4/7/2015 **
Judge heard the Injunction today with USFWS & USARK. The good news is we have a very intelligent judge that is interested in our argument. He was very attentive and asked lots of questions. As it stands he has NOT made a decision so for the time being GET YOUR RETICS if you want something special! The Judge will come back a decision within 21 days, meaning the Constrictor ban is in effect on 4/9/2015 12 Midnight. This means NO more shipping around snakes and such domestically. The good news is that our argument stands strong and we have a great deal of positives on our side, so many in fact the Judge was overwhelmed and needs time to digest the onslaught on intel. Some of the things that bother me was a sudden response from HSUS, 21 pages of non-sense, fiction lies and more lies. Now, out of some dingy corner HSUS is a Conservation Group???? They are now claiming they are one of if not THE largest Animal Protection Conservation group ??? How did this come to be???? With all of their bad press and endless lies they appear as if they will rebrand themselves as worried about the environment and conservation now!

HSUS along with USFWS should get into scary children's books! The literal non-factual based snake hysteria is hard to stomach and almost unbearable to read. They literally claim retics grow to 30' +. A 5 year old one can be 25' and they can lay over 120 eggs!!!!!!! Do I need to retort with reality here? We know sizes below 25' are all that we get to see........ they can grow to 30'? Actually, yes, they can grow to 30 INCHES and bigger!!!!! No, I think we can never expect one over 27' to have existed in the past 100 years. If there was a 25' Retic in the USA I think it could be sold to the Bronx Zoo for $50K! A huge clutch of Retic eggs is maybe 60 eggs...a record clutch would be 70 or so. HSUS and USFWS are doing everything possible to throw out so many bogus talking points so we can not deal with retorting each and every one. So many lies, so little time. HSUS claims that the Reticulated Python is potentially one of the most serious threats to our Environment, the keeper and people's safety going???? Wow. Let's all pinch ourselves and remember that there is not a single Invasive population of Retics or Anacondas here in the USA...never has never WILL! Then USFWS say that the ban must happen to prevent further escapees into the wild and prevent the spread of these species? Let's pinch ourselves again and just say... "RIGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTT......"

We are literally keeping the Boogie Man as pets...... the good news is USARK legally fought well and argued the case.... the Judge listened, asked questions and seem to grasp our case.

Now we have to wait and hope that we will find the interstate rule gets lifted with the Judge's decision. As it looks, we can feel confident and believe that common sense and logic dictated and we will effectively accomplish what we hope to do!

Return to “NEWS”