PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

bernie sanders

In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

naja-naja

bernie sanders

Postby naja-naja » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm sure many of you know but for those intending to vote in either the primaries or the election, bernie sanders has a 100% approval rating by both defenders of wildlife and hsus, and he has co-sponsored bills attempting to end the private keeping of big cats and primates. please for the sake of exotics owners nationwide, do not vote for him and make sure your family, friends and everyone else in the wider exotics community doesn't vote for him also, recently he just co sponsored the big cat and public safety act which would effectively grandfather in existing big cat keepers but no-one would be able to buy new cats and only aza zoos could breed.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: bernie sanders

Postby pat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:13 pm

thank you for heads up.
in eyes, most of the government officials lie, especially when running for president.

I don't vote, because of this. however, I will this year for:
https://www.facebook.com/joejschreibvogel?pnref=story

he is upfront and to the point.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Yeah, I was really upset when I saw that. I'm conservative, so it's not like he was my first choice anyway (not by a longshot, lol), but he does seem upfront and honest--especially in comparison to many of the other candidates.

But sponsoring and co-sponsoring those acts really put me on the edge. I am hoping that for the Democrats he'll be the nominee, but it's not like I'm going to vote for him. Don't like any of his policies, lol, so will very likely vote for a Republican (though not sure what's gonna happen there!). But Sanders is against exotics and everything to do with them. Buddies with the HSUS...

It's going to be an interesting election this year... But thanks for the head's up. Many people may have missed his strong connections to animal rights groups.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 pm

I think he may not even know what he was sponsoring exactly, or didn't think about it. Protecting big cats seems like a feel good thing to do and sure he called it wasteful but so is tons of things people choose to spend their money on. But it's the whole only AZA can have them thing in the bill, so only people who join a private corporation can have them? Isn't that the opposite of what he stands for? It would be more in line with his views to submit something like that but exempt USDA or make a government permit/license system just for the big cats. So I think maybe he could be swayed at least some on that if enough people said something so the message got through since you know he wont read mail/email himself but if a large portion mentions the same points the idea will.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 pm

And I just emailed him

TamanduaGirl wrote:The Big Cats and Public Safety Protection Act does not prevent private possession of big cats, it mandates only those that buy into a corporate accreditation system(AZA) can have big cats. It does not even allow for those governmentally licensed and inspected on big cat care(USDA) to keep them.

I'm not sure it is even constitutional to mandate only those who buy into a corporate system can do something but it is definitely counter to what you claim to stand for. USDA prevents "private" possession as well since it only licenses zoos/breeders and exhibitors not pets.

But aside from being "wasteful" I see no reason to outlaw non-commercial possession. You could make a licensing system similar to USDA-APHIS but for non-commercial ownership to ensure welfare. If they are treated well then what's the problem? Are we going to outlaw all things "wasteful" that people choose to spend their money on?

But if you're really opposed to private and support only commercial use be allowed then go USDA(government) licensed allowed and pull the current bill that only allows corporate ownership for big cats.

Return to “NEWS”