PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

More Ignorant Dog Owners News... again, the dog is the one who suffers

In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kagney

More Ignorant Dog Owners News... again, the dog is the one who suffers

Postby Kagney » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 am

Not really sure what to say about this one... just feel really sorry for the dog.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Dog-att ... 91105.html

If you don't know your animal well enough to judge how they will react to something... then DON'T F'ING DO IT! And you can't tell me this dog wasn't sending warning signals before this REALLY escalated. This poor dog got stabbed and may even be euthanized because this stupid woman wanted him to "look cute for the holidays".
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More Ignorant Dog Owners News... again, the dog is the one who suffers

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 pm

This story is as big as it simply because of the hate people have for dogs in clothes. The mauling could have just as easily happened with this dog over a harness or a bath but if would not have made national news then. The reason for putting a sweater on doesn't matter really but another I saw said she did it because she felt sorry for him being outside in the cold. A dog should accept handling, be it a harness, bandaged or a sweater. But You need to train dogs not just one day decide to force something on them. When I got Hyzzie she was feral and would bite me over things like trying to put a harness on or just getting overly excited. I trained her over time and she was then fine with the harness and even eventually a coat if needed. And even scarier things like baths! This is very much an owner failure. You have to understand the animal you are getting, give them time to adjust to you, and train them to do what you want, not overwhelm and terrify them by suddenly trying to force something new. Of course a lot of people think that is training because of pack theory, just force what you want to prove you're boss, ugh, no.
Kagney

Postby Kagney » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:55 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:This is very much an owner failure. You have to understand the animal you are getting, give them time to adjust to you, and train them to do what you want, not overwhelm and terrify them by suddenly trying to force something new. Of course a lot of people think that is training because of pack theory, just force what you want to prove you're boss, ugh, no.

..exactly.

Just a side note though... if you look at the comments on any of numerous news reports on this story... yikes. Its fueling and refueling the pit-haters camp. That's the other thing that really frys me about this story... this situation is to the responsible pit bull community what an escaped tiger is to ours. Just more bad press and fuel for the antis.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:44 pm

First comment I see "They should euthanize the people for trying to put a sweater on a dog." But yeah it doesn't help pit bulls either to have stories make headlines.

It's amazing the amount of hate some have for clothes on animals. One guy I used to be friendly with on FB started harassing and cursing me out after he saw a photo of Pua in something. She's a tropical animal she gets cold. No reasoning with him. Had to resort to blocking him.

They are not embarrassed by clothes and no harm comes to them. (this one freak incident aside which as I pointed out could have happened over any similar handling like a bath due to not being trained and socialized). So no legit reason to be so scornful.

I guess it's just cool to hate anything different long as it's not something you like to do or have.

Return to “NEWS”