In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Animal Welfare Inspection reports removed from USDA site

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm

http://www.startribune.com/usda-removes ... 412715773/

While as a USDA license holder I would appreciate not having my address posted on there publicly, this actually sucks. I think it's important people can look up the reports to ensure the breeders don't have violations and I used that a lot to verify cited fennec breeders really had fennecs or not, or weren't listed as licensed. Heck people can't know if someone claiming to be licensed is now without going through the hassle of a Freedom Of Information request. I guess you could ask them to photograph their certificate but the general public wont know that or what one is supposed to look like.

I think names and reports on there would be fine but redact the addresses(but not state maybe). Oh well looks like no changing their mind, until maybe a new administration.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animal Welfare Inspection reports removed from USDA site

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:31 am

That's stupid. I would like the addresses being gone too, but now you're going to get a bunch of liars and a lot of illegal dealings.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:32 am

The animal community really should start up something ourselves asking for copies of the certificate from now.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Ana

Postby Ana » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah, this is egregious, and could be better run and maintained by the community. Good grief. :/
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Well they added back a list of those with licenses now but you have to download a whole list

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfoc ... Businesses

Click on the list link and it's a downloadable file. Would rather it be an online searchable list but at least you can check for someone being licensed.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 pm

That's so weird to have a huge list to go through. I guess you can use the search options and find people, but it just seems... weird to have it that way. Well, at least it's there for people to look at.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Well, I found my name in there. I'm glad it doesn't contain addresses though anymore. And it was pretty simple finding my name, so as long as you get the name of the breeder and their city and state it should be easy. Okay, not as weird as I thought. I'm glad they have a list like that now. But I wish you could see past inspection reports.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 am

gald the list shows, the address should not be posted, which is good.

I don't understand how some people that have or had usda permits, got busted several times, some breeders treat their animals very inhumane.
why does USDA let this go on? USDA should do a surprise visit. there area many that have usda and do treat their animals inhumanely. icon-sad

Really, what does USDA really do? However, seems the breeders that do treat their animals well, gets in trouble more :roll:
easy target?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “NEWS”