https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Future Animal Planet show with negative slant on multi-pet o

In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Lycrisa

Re: Future Animal Planet show with negative slant on multi-p

Postby Lycrisa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 pm

The shows are ridiculous.
Like the fatal attraction about the women with 7 wolfdogs.
Because letting them run feral without any training, feeding them rancid road kill and then trying to
dominate an entire pack by yourself with little to no prior relationship? Makes total sense.

The one about finding Bigfoot upsets me too. Why do those people need to go and harass a wild animal if it is there? Leave him be.

Ever since they developed the "surprisingly human" slogan it's gotten more and more political.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Animal Planet plays Animal Hoarding as well as Fatal Attractions and also other Animal Rights type shows such as Whale Watchers or Sea Warriors or something like that(whatever that show is called where people go out on a boat and basically attack people for hunting whales). It's very political now and not really educational at all anymore because HSUS has taken over a huge chunk of the channel's ownership. Sadly, Mutual of Omaha and like one or two other shows are the only traditional educational wildlife documentary type shows that still come on Animal Planet. Most of its just reality tv crap that's about people that own animals or involves animals in some way,but yet focuses more on the humans themselves than on the actual animals. If I wanted to watch reality shows about humans, I would watch MTV for pete's sake. It is Animal Planet, after all, not Human Planet, though they do have a new show on their called that. :roll: I miss how it was when I was growing up where it was nothing but or atleast majority wildlife documentaries. National Geographic Wild is a good station though. It's exactly like how Animal Planet used to be for the most part.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
amyers

Postby amyers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 am

I can't say I disagree with the politics behind whale watchers. The methods, yes, but not the politics. These are endangered species after all.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Lycrisa

Postby Lycrisa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:36 pm

I haven't watched the whale ones.
The way they go about their cause isn't helping much at all.
Plus they don't know what the people they are attacking are up against either.
The market for whale is primarily for food in Asian countries if I remember correctly.
Those people have families to feed as take care of as well and there are plenty of species worldwide being over fished. Something that would keep the people happy enough to not hunt whales would be far more effective than attacking them.

I primarily stick to the science and nat geo channels too.

I miss old animal planet. Wasn't hillbilly hand-fishing on Animal planet now too?
What does hat have to do with wildlife? Other than sticking your hand in it I mean.

Return to “NEWS”