please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Tony the Tiger-Please help keep him at home

In the News - Articles/Links/TV/etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Alynn

Re: Tony the Tiger-Please help keep him at home

Postby Alynn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm

This is outrageous.
He's going to be pulled from his home, a place where he is very well cared for as evidenced by the video. If he's lucky he'll be put in a decent sanctuary, but there is still the possibility of being put in a sanctuary and being worse off than he was before. He won't get individual attention.
He was FINE where he was. He's going out one GOOD cage and into another that we can't even be sure will properly care for him.

I'm furious that there is so much ignorance I'm reading in those comments. A lot of them are demonizing anyone having him except a zoo, and some people not even that. What's worse is there are people who believe that Big Cat Rescue is an ~amazing~ sanctuary!

It's things like this that cause me to lose faith in our beliefs.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 pm

To bad he can't stay home but this is way better than BCR or some other sanctuary.

Tony the Tiger Contracted to Move to G.W. Exotic Animal Park
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/512882
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 pm

GW Exotic Animal Park has been enemies with BCR for a long time. BCR constantly attacks GW, and GW has been fighting for the USDA to inspect BCR. I'm so glad they were the ones who got him!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Well, I can take some relief in knowing he went to a decent sanctuary. Joe is pretty for private ownership, so thankfully Mike can visit.
I hope they can get the money. It's better that Tony is left alone in the back of the park. If BCR got him I'm sure they would flaunt him around like a prize that they had won and matyr him to get more sympathy and money.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 am

Has he actually left?

Because their website is still active, and a new petition was up just three months ago.
It seems he's still there.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Last I heard, he is being kept at GW Memorial Park. They have agreed with the owner to care for Tony until the case is officially settled. Though last I checked, it was settled, and what was decided was "no." So I assume he's still at GW's.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “NEWS”