https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

My Camel in pictures

Llamas, Alpacas, Camels, Guanaco, Vicuña

Moderator: TamanduaGirl

baltic

My Camel in pictures

Postby baltic » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:44 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by baltic on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:02 pm

baltic,

WOW, I am speachless. he is so beautiful and he looks so friendly.

I love the last picture, with his hat on :lol:

I almost got a camel at mt hope a couple years ago.

I didn't realize they could be that friendly.
I know they are pretty docile, but, wasnt sure how friendly they would be.

what do you feed him?

thanks much for those pictures, they were great..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
baltic

Postby baltic » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:12 pm

He's very friendly and respectful, but I've spent every day with him since he was a month old. I think I've had more luck than most. He moves off a pressure with a light tip of your fingers, lays down and gets back up on vocal command alone, gives kisses on vocal command, keeps backing up on command, and hobbles, ties, leads and I've packed him with small amounts. I hope to start riding him next summer.

I've also been told he's a very attractive camel, and that he has good confirmation and nice long legs. And I have to agree. :)

I feed him grass hay. Alfalfa and anything too rich is bad for them. They're made to take in very low amounts of protein. I see far too many fat camels in America.

I've been considering getting a second camel, but I spend so much time with the one I've got, I don't know if it would be fair to split my attention.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:40 pm

baltic,

is that all you feed your camel, hay?
how much hay does he eat?

I just fell in love with your little guy (or should I say big guy) :lol: I can only imagine how you feel about him.

gee, I wish I lived close to you, I would like some visitation rights :lol:

how fasinating that you will be riding him.
with the price of gas, he will be cheaper to drive :lol:

I forgot to mention, the picture of your camel laying by the car, looked like he was in a weird position. is that how they sleep? I know with the llamas, they are not suppose to lay on their side like that.

give your camel a big kiss and hug for me.
and please keep the pictures coming in.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
baltic

Postby baltic » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:45 pm

I have plenty more pictures, I don't even want to think of how many. And videos.

His staple diet is Bermuda/Grass Hay. I have no idea how much he eats, not very much at all. A flake of it a day, usually, more when everything is dead in the winter. The rest of his diet is whatever else is on the land. Weeds, brush, they can eat anything. He loves 100% juice cranberry juice, and it keeps his teeth bright white. He loves apples, oranges, bananas, tomatoes, and gets them on special occasions (that's what I'm doing in the picture of him cushing for fruit on his birthday).

He lays down like that sometimes. Other times he just sits on his knees and places his head down.

I walk him into town (which for me is just a gas station stop off the interstate) and everyone loves him. He's very friendly, and people stop and take pictures. He'll stick his head in the car window to say hello. And I'll make sure to say hello to him for you.

Return to “Camelids - LLAMAS, ALPACAS, CAMELS”