PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New Llama girl

Llamas, Alpacas, Camels, Guanaco, Vicuña

Moderator: TamanduaGirl

Farmboy

New Llama girl

Postby Farmboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 pm

I just got my first llama. She is a 2 year old red female. I think I am going to name her Lola or Elle. She is lead rope trained and she has not spit on anyone yet, not even in the loading process, which she did NOT like. I will try to get pics up later.
BB

Postby BB » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:54 am

congrats :bear
I like the name Lola!
Farmboy

Postby Farmboy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks thats what we decide to name her Lola the Llama. Yesterday while feeding she was eating out of the bucket, and we were playing with her and stuff, and our mini horse came up and she just spit all of this chewed up grain all over the horse. TWO TIMES! She will get along with the goats, mini cows, pigs,chickens, and even the dogs, but if the horse comes around it's war!
BB

Postby BB » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:50 am

Too funny!! I wonder what she sees in the horse? I think they'll have a lot of fun together. Have you got any pics already? I've seen some Llamas and Alpacas here in Australia,mainly at the east coast, they make a fine pet,I think. ( I'm not quite sure about the difference of those two)
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Alpacas are smaller.

She probably sees the horse as a rival and was protecting her food. Llamas generally only spit on each other to establish superiority, to aid in stealing food, show anger or frustration, or as a defense. Females often "spit off" aggressive males. It's called spitting only because that is the way it appears to be ejected from the llama's mouth. The accompanying sound is more like that of coughing. Although the term suggests saliva, llama spit is actually partially digested stomach contents.
Farmboy

Postby Farmboy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Thanks.I have not got any pics yet, but I plan to get some soon. I was going to get them today, but we had extremely bad weather and a tornado watch. Actualy a small tornado touched down about 6 miles from my house, but it did minimal damage.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:57 pm

farmboy,
congratulations on your new addition.

I also look forward to seeing pictures of your new girl.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am

Congrats! I love llamas. You were very lucky that the tornado didn't come your way.
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
Cellardoor

Postby Cellardoor » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 pm

thats awesome congrats on the new addition to the exotic little farm! I hope she continues to fit in well with all her new neighbors!

-Hutch-

Return to “Camelids - LLAMAS, ALPACAS, CAMELS”