Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Lagomorphs?

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

KKM

Lagomorphs?

Postby KKM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:44 am

As a bunny mum and taxonomy geek, I absolutely adore so many lagomorph species (which is all of them to be honest). I have heart that they are very difficult to keep because they scare easily and are delicate, but I imagine it can be done, considering the European rabbit was kept in captivity in the beginning. Pygmy rabbits are also bred in captivity pretty successfully for conservation.

I have seen people with cottontail rescues, but as far as captive-bred babies or even zoological specimens go, I have a difficult time finding any information. I once saw a brown hare for sale (for eight thousand dollars!) and have heard of people keeping jackrabbits and pikas, but I have yet to find any of these people.

Rodents seem to be kept and bred easily, which is a bit strange, considering how close rodentia and lagomorpha are. Does anyone know of people keeping captive bred lagomorph species? What would their enclosure look like? I assume their diet is similar to that of domestic rabbits.
1.2 rabbits
0.1 campbell's dwarf hamster
1.0 dog
KKM

Re: Lagomorphs?

Postby KKM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Also, this is a bit random, but are viscachas ever seen in the captive trade? There is a plains viscacha at a local private exhibitor, but they refused to give me any information when I visited because "wild animals don't make good pets".
1.2 rabbits
1.0 dog
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:32 pm

I could be wrong but I think Lisa's creatures used to have pika but she kept it secret where her animals went when she retired.

The difference between European rabbit and others is their communal nature. I think that made them a little less prone to stress and die. All the others rarely have any interactions with their own kind.

Some place sell hare and a few dog foods use it but it all come from the wild.
KKM

Postby KKM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Ah, I see. Do you know anything about viscachas, TG?
1.2 rabbits
1.0 dog
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:25 pm

I've seen viscachas for sale before but that was a LONG time ago.

Return to “Little Critters”