HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

PLEASE READ THIS REGARDING TOXIC DOG FOOd viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1463

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 (with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.) FREE TO USE.
(PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE, YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

Rare Civet Colors

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rare Civet Colors

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Leucistic

So pretty, a male, for sale in Indonesia. Too bad CDC has a ban on their import so very slim chance of him making it to the US, though exemptions exists it's not very likely. Maybe if we're lucky he'll go to the UK then some of his descendants could be imported eventually.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Leucistic Civet

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Oh he has melanistic too. That one is a wee bit creepy looking :)
https://www.facebook.com/14063101260920 ... =3&theater
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Leucistic & Melanistic Civet

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 pm

And piebald
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rare Civet Colors

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Albino
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Wow. Lovely colors. I love the piebald one! It has such a cute face. Thanks for posting these.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:16 pm

I thought we weren't supposed to post others' pictures?
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Nìmwey wrote:I thought we weren't supposed to post others' pictures?

some people complain some don't :shrug: one picture was posted awhile ago, and the person emailed me and complained.
personally, It don't matter to me. maybe it is best to put a link to where the picture came from. :shrug:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Posting for commentary and educational purposes on a forum or in a group is fair use, though it is better to cite sources if possible, which I did on the one photo from his page. I replied to one of the threads with that before when that was an issuehttps://sybilsden.com/bb/viewtopic ... 40#p137604 . In that case, just to make them happy, I removed the photos and left links to the source photos, though they were not even found on the breeder's site so her beef should have been more with the other sites since was just remote linked here. I think she was actually more upset about what was being said but chose to complain about the images to try and get rid of the topic.

It's harder to link to a source sometimes, like if it's a for sale group post but he did at one point provide the link below. Being a for sale post is public info though so fair to use for discussion and education but not for personal websites or for financial gain etc.

This was the page he linked too but it only shows some of the colors. The others he was selling. https://www.facebook.com/Gubuk-Luwak-Su ... cation=ufi

Just avoid potential drama with them though to go ahead and remove them if asked.
catlover1019

Postby catlover1019 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:53 pm

I'd really like to see the piebald. The image seems to be gone, and I can't find another image of a piebald civet on the internet.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Beautiful! I've only heard great things about civets as pets. I hope they're more commonly available in the US someday. icon-smile
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 pm

The Piebald was from an ad. Maybe it was taken down. If I saved it, it will be on my computer that's in the shop, it may come back with a new drive.

Return to “Little Critters”