PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

English Lops

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

wadifahtook

English Lops

Postby wadifahtook » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Been meaning to post about these guys for a while. I've owned and been around a lot of different rabbit breeds and species, but as far as house pets go, Elops are tops. My boyfriend and I have fallen so hard for them we hope to breed them in the future. They tend to be a low energy breed that is much less destructive and much more cuddly than other breeds tend to be. This breed often gets along with other pets, but is by far the most human-centric breed I've ever dealt with. Elops are one of the more commonly used breeds for rabbit therapy animal work, which is not surprising given their temperaments. They tend to weigh in at about ten pounds, but also tend to live longer than many of the other large rabbit breeds. More common health issues for them tend to be entropion in the eyelid, sore hocks (seems to be more of an issue if you keep large breeds on wire), and ear infections (all lop breeds). They have extra long tails and ears, so care should be taken with both for injury, and ears need to be protected from the cold.

I'll be adding more pictures, but for now:

Blobfish rabbit
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: English Lops

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

I saw the picture first and was like "What... the heck... is that..." And then I read, and I realized it was a rabbit, lol. :lol:

That's great that they have such good temperaments. It's super cute too--that face is just adorable.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Can't agree more. I have a breeding pair now. Too cute and very personable. I had Belgian hare before and the e lops are even better.
I have not found that they need any more protection from the cold then a normal eared rabbit. Mine are outside and even on a 7 degree day the tips of the ears are toasty warm and they are quite comfortable. I had them indoors on the first cold day and they were HOT. So back out they go and happy as clams.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am

I love Blobfish rabbits! xD
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Little Critters”