NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

New Hedgehog Owner =D

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Gallium

New Hedgehog Owner =D

Postby Gallium » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am

hey there! i'm a first time hedgehog owner, and wanting to get in touch with the hedgehog community.
right now i have 1 hedgehog named Thicket Hedgebert McPricklesworth (Thicket for short) shes a 2 year old rescue i took in after her owners gave her to me with over grown toe nails. they were so bad they were almost embedded into the bottom of her poor little feet, but we got that all fixed up so shes able to run around with no problems. shes also blind in one eye, and i think shes starting to go blind in the other, but that doesnt stop her! she loves tubing and running around. she loves to munch on bananas and loves to snuggle. its been 3 days now since ive had her and Thicket is doing amazing. Shes been running around non stop, even slept in my lap for awhile today. Thicket finally let me take a picture of her, shes been super squirmy, she even got her first bath with me today, she didnt seem all too thrilled. i'm sure her past owners didnt work with her all that much..

heres Thicket! =D

i also had a question!
I'm moving to Kentucky next week, and my room mate there also has a rat rescue that she does inside her home. we were wondering if rats and hedgehogs can contract the same illnesses. She has a rescue she has to do the day she picks me up from the train station and we're trying to make it safe for all the animals. We dont want anyone getting sick =)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Hedgehog Owner =D

Postby Ash » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm

What a cutie! That's good that you got her out of that situation. It sounds like you're taking excellent care of her now and that she's on the road to a better life. She is adorable.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Gallium

Postby Gallium » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:49 pm

you can still kinda see which nails need more care =( shes just so wiggly its hard to clip them right. i accidentally cut the quick on one of her nails. >__< her nail is all red and what not, ive been trying to keep it clean though. at least shes not getting stuck on the carpet like she was before though
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 am

Cute! It's great that you got her out of that situation and she's getting proper care now.
Gallium

Postby Gallium » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:55 am

she had a daughter that i took with Thicket, but i found another rescue that was willing to take her in for me, so shes happy in her new home =)
we're decided to play that rat thing safe while Thicket is with me, we're going to keep them separate for 2 weeks just in case of mites and other illnesses.
i'm also wondering if anyone knew of any vets in kentucky that knows how to work with small animals? she needs a check up, and im kind of worried about her eye being a little buggy

Return to “Little Critters”