PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

How to avoid hot cross buns

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mike13

How to avoid hot cross buns

Postby Mike13 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:43 pm

I just wanted to share some good tips for keeping bunnies cool - we have a bit of a mini heatwave here in the UK right now. I am trying all I can think of to keep mine cool!

I have found that filling soft drink bottles with water and freezing - then wrapping in some cloth seems to work well. They're so flopped out atm that they're lying right next to them and not being too fussy!

I've also found soaking their veggies in water before putting them out is helping to keep them hydrated as well as putting more water bowls out. They also seem to like lying under the patio parasol.

Anyone else got any good ideas to share? :egeek:
Juska

Re: How to avoid hot cross buns

Postby Juska » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't know much about bunnies, but in the summer when it would get hot I had a little mini fan that I plugged in and sat facing downward on the top of my rats' cage. They couldn't get at it and they would lie right underneath it. I used the frozen water bottles as well. The other thing I would do was to give them a cool bath (not too cold, obviously!) and let them air dry under their fan/towels.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Mike13

Re: How to avoid hot cross buns

Postby Mike13 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:01 am

Great ideas for keeping ratties cool Juska- will pass these to friends that have rats.

Haha I'd be lucky to get my bunnies anywhere near a bath - every time I water the garden they dive underground into their burrow. They can't wait for the hosepipe ban! :lol:

Return to “Little Critters”