NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Owning a Tamandua

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

hannah233

Owning a Tamandua

Postby hannah233 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:33 am

Recently I have been very interested in finding out more about lots of exotic pets. I've researched skunks and foxes, and recently come across the Tamandua. My question is, are they legal in the US (are they endangered, ect.)? Are there any breeders left in the US that sell them?

Note: I'm not just jumping into this, I just want to know if it is at all possible to get one before I research more and get too attached to the idea of having one. I did this to myself over 2 toed sloths, come to find there are no breeders that I can find in the US. :(
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Owning a Tamandua

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:25 am

It will depend on your state but they are legal. Most are imported from the wild, even the babies, but this is not the best way to get them as they are fragile and often die. The only breeder to consistently have babies is Chasing Tail though she breeds a few different sub species and I'm waiting for a specific type and so due to some complications I've been waiting a few years.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 am

I've seen adds for 2 toed sloths and baby 2 toed sloths come up regularly.

Tamanduagirl, you'd probably know, but what is the story about Greater Anteater in the pet world?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Tamanduagirl, you'd probably know, but what is the story about Greater Anteater in the pet world?

Rarely one is put up for sale at about 80K
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:28 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:

Rarely one is put up for sale at about 80K

So more then a Giraffe? That's crazy and insane.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Yeah I guess even though smaller they are rarer than giraffes.
---
Mary

Return to “Little Critters”