NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Darwin and Emma

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

Re: Darwin and Emma

Postby Trefoil » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm

So sorry about Darwin. I bet Emma misses him as well. That's the hardest part of having pets
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :( At least you could help him pass easier. You made the right decision, but it's always hard when that happens.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Thank you guys.. The hardest part was that he was such a fighter, and didn't show any pain. The large mass in his mouth must have hurt him, but he was such a good little bun and didn't mind all of us looking at it. Despite being really tiny himself, the mass was bigger than a marble but smaller than a golfball, which seemed almost too big to be hiding in his mouth. If it wasn't impeding his eating I may have not euthanized him today, but I didn't want him to suffer and not be able to eat.. To think he was just this morning playing with his willow sticks and rattle ball. :(

I know Emma misses him.. She's been stressed and breathing hard all evening. When the vet mentioned it could be cancer or renal issues, Nathan and I decided that if he passed soon that we would get her another friend because she was so closely bonded to him. I just hope she can stay healthy until we can arrange another bunny friend.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 am

I'm sorry to hear that. It is hard to let them go even if it is for the best.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 am

I am so very sorry to hear the loss of your rabbit.

I know as you do, how hard it is to lose our pets :cry:
they are like out kids.

you did the right thing. it's not fair to leave an animal suffer and in pain.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Thank you TG and Pat.. They definitely are like my kids.

Knowing that it's the right thing to do and convincing myself of that are two different things... It was incredibly hard to suddenly have to let him go. I knew it was possible that he could go at any moment, but when I brought him to the vet all I thought was wrong was some tooth problems because he's been fairly stable otherwise... :(

This weekend has been difficult and I've been finding myself tearing up and crying at random moments. Nathan has been a bit worried about me, but it's getting easier. He was my project animal, and I spent a lot of time making him better because of his injuries, so in retrospect it feels a little futile. I don't regret it, though, so I think it's just the grief talking.

Emma has been doing okay, but she's a lot more needy than usual and just sitting at the front of her cage a lot staring out into the room. Since rabbits are incredibly social, hopefully we'll find a friend for her soon. We're arranging a meet up with a local rabbit rescue to see how she gets along with the boys they have available.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes