PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Henry and Emma

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BlueBaby1023

Henry and Emma

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:19 pm

So, since Darwin has since passed, I figured I'd make a new post with the new bunny friend we got for Emma. I don't have a lot of good pictures of him, my phone likes to turn the environment purple when it's dying so it looks a bit funny in the pictures I do have.

We spent the last month trying to bond them together. Emma initially him, but they've since started living in the same cage together. He's young, about 2 years old, and SO energetic! Binkying, running, exploring, tossing things... The ultimate active bunny. But at the same time, he's super snuggly and lovey. He likes to lick you and head butt your hand until you pet him.

He's called a dilute harlequin rex, and is about 4.5-5lbs. I know the picture makes him look a little different due to the purple haze, but he's peach and grey.

4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Henry and Emma

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 pm

Aaw, I'm glad they're getting along. :) I do not know much about rabbits. Do they usually like having cagemates?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 pm

It's been a long time coming! I even caught them snuggling the other day. Their initial meeting did not go well but I was determined that they would get along because I knew his personality would be good for her and get her to be more active.

They definitely usually like having cagemates. All domestic rabbits are from wild European rabbits, which never live solo in the wild. Although there are some abnormal individuals, usually bunnies do much better with other bunnies.

Emma did become depressed before I brought him home, staring out of the front of the cage and refusing to relax. Her eating also slowed down, but never stopped. Since he's been here, she's been acting so much better even if when we put them together at the beginning she hated him. Now they binky together around their cage and when they're out together.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Aaaaw... :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Little Critters”