Cottontail breeders?

Hedgehogs, Rabbits, Skunks, Squirrels, Bats, genets, civets etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Irophia

Cottontail breeders?

Postby Irophia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi- I was wondering if there is a list of cottontail breeders in the US.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cottontail breeders?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:23 pm

No because there aren't any. They are really hard to raise without killing. They are super fragile and even raised by humans tend to be terrified of them.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irophia

Postby Irophia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:11 pm

I guess that makes sense. I remember when I was 6 we came into 3 bunnies and transitioned them from eye dropped kitten's milk to pellets. Then going into junior high I think they all died within months of each other. Nothing like my 11yr rabbit we got after them. Interesting to know why they are not bred!
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 pm

It's too bad there aren't any breeders, I wish they weren't so nervous. We rescued a few as well, but they weren't surviving well so we had to give them to a rehabilitator.

However, I'd much rather have the domestic rabbit we had then one that was always nervous, because there were 6 kids in our house that screamed and ran around and our bunny would just chill and sleep while all that was happening. Nothing could scare her, even when the vets said she should die from stress she kept on going. She was one tough rabbit! : )

Return to “Little Critters”