Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

any bear owners?

Postby pat » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:14 am

we don't seem to get any bear owners anymore icon-sad

anyone here have or had bears?

sybil and benny are starting to hibernate. well, benny is anyway. sybil gets up once in a while for treats.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Michael

Re: any bear owners?

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Pat
I have moved all the bears out of here. We sent them to a very good home in South Dakota Spirit Of The Hills. They took five of the bears and Preston went to a nice place in Texas. They have huge enclosures and more room than they had here. At least I know that they wont be taken by the killers at the ODA and placed in a prison inside never to see the sun again. Most of the animals that Ohio will seize will die when they move them. The stress on the older animals will kill them. They will not eat and will pace until they drop. Its very said myself and many others cannot afford the caging requirements or ridiculous fees for permits and insurance. This whole thing is a scam and I intent to sue anyone and everyone that has causes me the stress of this and being put in the hospital cardiac unit recently. Its all been because of the stress. Just today they took a 10 year old bear from its home that it ever knew. Probably will starve to death, the last bear given up died from starvation, a lady gave it up and when moved to its new home it wouldn't eat and died. DONT anyone believe for a minute that the GFAS, HSUS, AZA or AZZ is going to help. Hasn't Ohio seen enough dead animals. Im not the same person I was since this law was passed. They have backed me in a corner and you know what happens when they do things like that to people and animals. I am a sanctuary and the GFAS wont return my emails. They put themselves up on a pedestal and want you and others to believe they are FEDERAL Govt and are animal gods. Actually they don't even want you to own a dog. They haven't done anything to help me. All we get here in Ohio is more lies and no help. Gov Kasich is out of control with this and so is Jack Hanna. I still have five tigers and 2 of them are 13 yo and if they move them they will surly die. Also some animals need medication and they wont get it when taken from homes. Im going to bring some really bad things going on to light. All of you who helped Ohio pass this law will not sleep well after you learn of the truth and what you did to the animals in Ohio. You should drop your head and never look anyone in the eye again. What a bunch of criminals you are. You say this bill is best for owners and animals....bullshit.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:36 am

michael,

I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. was going to call you, but, I keep getting side tracked with all my acitivies here.

I am glad you found your bears a good home. hopefully, they will be happy.

it is so disgusting and sad how ohio is treating exotic animal owners, it makes me sick. I know oaao has been fighting to change some of these stupid laws. but, it is not looking too promising.

I just can't understand the ODA and others how stupid and ignorant they are being.
I just wish all the exotic owners and animal lovers can fight this. maybe constant media exposure.
but, doubt it would do any good. the hard part is getting people to band together icon-sad

hard to believe this whole mess is due to the zanesville incident. I just wish that would have been investigated further,
I personally don't think terry killed himself or released his animals. it is a cover up.

I am sorry to hear of your stress, it is a bad thing, and I agree, these jerks caused this to happen.
these jerks are stupid, lack the proper care of animals... really makes me sick to to think of their ignorance and lack of care for people and their animals. :twisted:

who is GFAS

I use to like jack hanna, but, I hate him now. he makes me sick. he is the type "do as i say, not as I do"

if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm glad to hear the bears have found good homes.

I'm disgusted by what has happened in Ohio. I don't even live there and I sent letters and emails to the governor or representatives (can't remember who exactly, it was back when the Zanesville incident happened). But, sadly I see how that all went. I kind of feel like people in Ohio have given up, but I'm glad to hear you're still fighting the good fight. I really want this to be turned around somehow, but it's hard when I don't live there, though I do try to lend my support. If there is something I can do to help, I will, so let me know. Like I said, I wrote to the Ohio government back when the bans started getting pushed, but then I wasn't sure what more I could do since I wasn't a resident.

Lately I've been fighting against these stupid reptile bans, so that's where that energy has been going. I've also been keeping an eye on my state, but fortunately no bad regs have tried popping through here in Utah. The reptile bans are driving me crazy though...
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
dave c

Postby dave c » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey pat i'm still here just trying to stay under the radar. WV is introducing some new bans or trying in jan. just have to see how it goes. Haven't watched hanna since the Zanesville thing and don't believe I ever will. Still have my bears and right now they are doing great.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:53 am

hi dave,

it is good to hear from you. appreciate your updates.

glad to hear you still have your bears. do you have any updated pictures? any cubs due?

the horrible ban in ohio is affecting so many states. I think PA is banning the large exotics.
what concerns me, is some of these states are going to almost force the existing owners to give up their animals.
that is what Ohio is doing. sad, how stupid and ignorant these people are.

keep in touch

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Pray for Ohio today. This is our day in court. Lawyers will only be heard today. I came down sick with nasty cold yesterday and didnt feel like sitting in a crowded room but many of the owners went to listen and show support. Dont know if many of you know but there was a tradgedy involving the president of the OAAO yesterday and her family also needs your prayers, all of that happening on the eve before our day in court.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 am

michael,

sorry to hear you were sick. hope you are feeling better.

I get updates from oaao. I don't get time to read all of them icon-sad
the way I understand it, the judge did not rule yet.

I honestly, just don't understand how these people think. they act as though, the owners don't care about their animals,
and can't take care of them properly. I feel so very bad for the people that have to give up their animals, and of course the confused animals :cry:

I heard about the president of OAAO, so sad, her house burned down. she lost a few animals over it.
my heart goes out to her.

let me know if you hear anything.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:04 pm

I heard about her house burning down too. Do they know how it got burned down? It sounds very suspicious to me since it was on the eve of the trial, causing her not to go. Makes me wonder if it was done on purpose. She is in my prayers. That must have been so very hard.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “BEARS”