please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

survey

Black Bears,Brown bears, Grizzlies etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

astargirl22

survey

Postby astargirl22 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 pm

i got this survey in the mail from osu asking me to fill out the types of animals i had, what my surroundings were like where i lived and what type of wildlife i see. at the end of the survey, it said the reason for the survey is to see if u have seen any black bears in the area. it said that there is a huge increase of sightings in ohio of them. they are wanting to look at conservation and habitats for them. i thought this was really neat. i really want to see a bear in the wild. they are SUCH BEAUTIFUL animals and i think they are just awesome. i was just wondering if anyone else in ohio got one of these and their thoughts.
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 am

I dont' live in ohio. but, the survey sounds intereting and a good idea.

I personally never seen a bear in the wild. I would love to though.
of course I get to see my two little darlings every day.
but, would still want to see how they are in the wild.

I watch them on TV anytime there is an epsoside on bears.

I have great respect for lynn rogers. he has done an amazing job with the bears.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

they are seen on my street occationally, as well as badger. I am so sick of bear sightings on the news, and the news says its a lost bear from PA. Yeah, like bears walk 100 miles over the Ohio line and walk back to PA every night. Ohio has been in denial about the bear population for a while now :lol:
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:13 pm

pat wrote:I personally never seen a bear in the wild. I would love to though.

I've never seen a wild bear either. I've seen a baby bear at the auction.
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:57 pm

they are seen on my street occationally, as well as badger. I am so sick of bear sightings on the news, and the news says its a lost bear from PA. Yeah, like bears walk 100 miles over the Ohio line and walk back to PA every night. Ohio has been in denial about the bear population for a while now

lol... thats funny. what part of ohio are in in? im in carrollton, about an hour south of canton ohio. i dont know what the big deal is about having bears in the state, its like they dont want to admit it. i think it is awesome!
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Hey! I used to live in Canton! :D
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 pm

WOW HOLY CRAP!! ME TOO!! did u go to school there?

what would be some if any of the negitives to having bear in ohio?
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:10 pm

I live in Middlefield. Its like an hour from Cleveland and an hour from PA. the negatives for me would be a bear tearing up my animal pens or garden. There is always the chance they would kill my livestock though that would be odd. If the bears were here I would just have to use more electric fence.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 am

WOW HOLY CRAP!! ME TOO!! did u go to school there?

I did but this was many many years ago, I was only in kindergarten lol probably didn't know ya :D
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Lasergrl...thats funny, I agree, do they think a bear knows where the border is or that they can read the welcome signs coming into Ohio? Bears will be bears, they are here in Ohio and yes the numbers are growing. They are not lost. Down in northern Florida the numbers are on the rise also. If we have a bear wonder to this area they catch the bear and send it back over to the eastern border near Pa. I live not too far from Columbus if they seen a bear in that part of the state people would crap their pants..lol I did not get the survey but it is a good idea. I probably wont get one since I do own 6 bears.
FoxyLoxy

Postby FoxyLoxy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:44 pm

I saw a wild black bear once. . .not well, it was in the dark, but I could see it when all the cameras flashed in Yellowstone Park :lol: .
Foxes love gingerbread men, cheese, and Tom Thumbs, if fairy tales can be believed.

Return to “BEARS”