ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Black Bear Health

Black Bears,Brown bears, Grizzlies etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Cowboydan

Black Bear Health

Postby Cowboydan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I have a bear that is 9 months old. He has one big apetite. He kind of looks like a tick at the moment lol. Anyways everything has gone really good with him. He has been a huge learning experience. He loves his sweets. Especially his hunny buns. lol He acted normal yesterday. I played with him, feed, him all the normal things we do every day. I went out last night to give him his hunny bun and a apple. This morning when I went out to care for him, I noticed he never touched either. Thats not like him. Im not sure if he is sick or do bears just start to slow down there eating around this time. He is very healthy and weighs over 100 lbs. So Im just wondering if thats the case. Ive just taken in his brother who is 2. His eating habits have increased but I feel thats because he wasnt fed properly by the previous owner. Anything you know that could help I would appreciate thanks.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Bear Health

Postby pat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 am

generally, bears will slow down on eating this time of year.
mine has. sybil and benny don't finish eating all their food.

usually November is when most bears will slow down.

some bears in their first year will hibernate, and some won't.
sybil didn't and benny did. sybil was extrememly spoiled icon_confused.gif

put lots of straw in your bears den.
benny makes a giant nest, where both of them can actually bury themselves in.

keep me updated..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Cowboydan

Re: Black Bear Health

Postby Cowboydan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:13 am

Ok thanks. Well teddy is now almost 11 months old. He hasn't slowed down this winter a bit. Some days he eats and some he doesn't. He's out playing in the snow every day lol. Benny will be 3 soon. He hasn't totally hibernated either. His eating has slowed down in the 2 days. He does sleep alot but he has to get up and see me everyday. In my opinion he wasnt under weight when I got him in November. But I don't think he was fed enough to store up for the winter. I have always loved bears but not my favorite animal. Since I've gotten these 2. They have changed my mind lol. I love these guys. They are so funny and have so much character. I wouldnt trade them for anything. Thanks for all your help!

Return to “BEARS”