PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Six Black Bears Need New Home

Black Bears,Brown bears, Grizzlies etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Michael

Six Black Bears Need New Home

Postby Michael » Wed May 11, 2011 7:44 pm

I have Six adult black bears that need new homes. 3 males and 3 females. All are intact with the exception of one male. I will not get in the pen with the males or one female. You must come pick them up. All are healthy and in great condition. Hate to do this but health reasons are forcing me to down size. Not asking for any money just making sure they go to good people with the knowledge and finances to take care of them properly. Also will be asking around about whoever says they are interested to check up on you. If your a breeder for canned hunts you can forget it. Im not USDA but I do have a permit from the state of Ohio. If your a first time bear owner Im not willing to give them up to you sorry but I want folks that already know wht they are doing and have the knowledge to take care of such an animal.
BB

Re: Six Black Bears Need New Home

Postby BB » Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 am

I'm sorry to hear Michael! Hope everything is ok and you find the right people...
autumnrose

Postby autumnrose » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Sorry to hear you can no longer provide for all your bears. I can't be of any real help right now, but I hope you throughly investigate who you give them too. Good luck on finding them new homes.
Love and we have happiness and tears

Current pets:
Rats: Alice, Amiele, Amanda, Orin, Claire
Bunny: Gimli
Chinchilla: Peekaboo
Cats: Roundabout, Little Bit, Peppi
Turtle: Squirtle
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri May 13, 2011 7:31 am

michael,

so very sorry to hear you have to give them up icon-sad

one of the members here was looking for bears a few months ago.
"cowboydan" not sure if he still is.

did you try contacting any zoos that might take some?

If you need help with anything, let me know.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Michael

Postby Michael » Fri May 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Thanks everybody....hate to have to get rid of anything. Might have to get rid of cats too dont know yet have to see how I do and if I can keep up. :nogif:
Cowboydan

Postby Cowboydan » Fri May 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey Micheal I have a guy who is opening up a bear park. It was supposed to happen this year but the legal things didnt get finished in time. So we are hoping for next year. I live in Ohio and I am taking care of all the bears at the moment. Id have to get more cages built but I would be interested in possibly taking them off your hands. Ive rescued 2 bears and Ive fallen in love with them. I have 3 bears now. If your looking for a forever home for them let me know. Also let me know about the cats. Call me 513 836 0114 if no answer leave a message I work swing shift with crazy hours.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 pm

This has got to be gut wrenching. I hope it works out for you and that your health improves before you have to go any further downsizing.
Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Anyone on here know Gregg Woody of Woodys Menagerie from Mulberry Grove ILL? He wants to place my bears in some parks on display across the states. I cant find anything bad about him on web or with USDA or his state. Just doing a background on him before I say yes to it.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

I've always wanted to visit his facility, but now I don't live in Illinois. I have heard great things about him though, and he takes care of a couple big cats and other large carnivores. So I'm pretty sure he has experience taking care of large carnivores.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 am

Well did some checking on this guy only to find out he is full of crap. Yeah he has experience with animals. He was only interested in me giving him all my bears so he could sale them to other places. He didnt want to give them a home. Also his son is full of it too. He was the biggest liar of the two. They guy claims to be non profit and jokes about it that says hes non profit but not by choice. Well that I didnt find it funny because Im non profit and he wanted to try to profit from my bears. This is why I check people out there are alot of bad people in the animal buisness. Ok if your a person that breeds and sales animals have you ever stopped to think how many times your animal may be sold and rehomed over and over? I have seen a wolf at the auction 4 times in a row from different owners. They buy it and bring it back at the next sale. This was at woods and waters near Lima. That sad as hell. As far as I know the bears I have here have only had 2 homes. Mine and the one I got them from. I dont consider them having a home when they were new born cubs and sold the first time because they didnt grow up there or get to attached to anything. Im looking now at a zoo in Texas that wants a pair of adult bears for display. I may just keep them all and hire some help so I know that my bears will be kept safe. I dont know how Im going to feel walking out there to empty cages in the mornings or not hear them grunt at me wanting me to come over to the cage and feed them or talk to them. They do like me to talk to them and throw snow up in the air and run along the cages.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 pm

That's no good then. icon_confused.gif I'm sorry he didn't turn out to be a good candidate for them. Well, I really do wish you the best of luck with the bears and I hope that they'll be happy. It's a shame there aren't more qualified people.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “BEARS”