ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Can you own a Black Bear in Wisconsin?

Black Bears,Brown bears, Grizzlies etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Wolf67

Can you own a Black Bear in Wisconsin?

Postby Wolf67 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm just curious because years ago when I was on a vacation in Northern Wisconsin I was at a restaurant called "The Bear", And the owner of the restaurant owned a Black Bear that he had in the backyard of the restaurant in a zoo like exhibit. And when we were done eating our dinner at the restaurant we were allowed to go visit the black bear I believe they called him Bongo. However last I heard the owner passed away and his daughter runs the place now and I think they still have Bongo but I'm not sure. The owner of the restaurant was a hunter and he had a ton of mounted animals in his restaurant I remember he had this huge mounted Brown Wolf in the entrance to his restaurant it was cool looking.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can you own a Black Bear in Wisconsin?

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 pm

I didn't have the time to look upo Wisonsin's laws myself, but according to bornfreeusa, there are no regulations regarding exotic animals.

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/b4a2_exotic_animals_summary.php

I think their laws only cover native animals--for example, red foxes must be kept outdoors, not indoors.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “BEARS”