Namira

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Namira

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Aw poor thing. I've had them yowl but never had one pee even on a log trip. The anteaters do it all the time though so I have to bring an extra blanket two switch for the ride home.
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Whew, the baking soda worked. Close call. I'm glad we had a box sitting in the fridge...and that a quick Google search suggested using it, haha.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Juska

Postby Juska » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:30 am

Namira has settled in. She ate almost all of the 1/3 cup of food I put in her old food dish, and she slept in our room last night (on the floor; I tried to get her to come up on the bed but she didn't feel like it). She's been following us around, up and down the stairs even, which she isn't used to doing as my parents' house does not have stairs. Matt was playing a game on his computer, and she hopped up on his lap and stayed there for at least an hour and a half.

She also drank some water out of the bathroom faucet this morning when I showed it to her. So I think she's pretty comfortable at this point.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Namira will be 3 years old this month. She has settled in very well to living with Matt and I. Sometimes she gets into trouble, but mostly she snuggles with Matt while I'm at work, then plays in the evening when I get home. Then she sleeps with me at night. Usually on top of me if possible. She has lost a little weight, I'm not sure if you can see it in the photos. She still enjoys drinking out of the bathtub faucet like at mom and dad's, talking to us frequently with her little "mip" sounds, and sitting at the window to watch the outside.

Here are some photos of her and I building her new Armarkat kitty tree, which she loves and rules over like a queen. She is asleep on the second level as I write this.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:45 pm

That's great she's doing so well.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

appreciate the updates on Namira. she is so beautiful. she looks very happy and so very healthy..
I love her markings.

wow, 3 years old already.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Postby Juska » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Namira had a nice birthday. She got a drinking fountain, a locking bin for her food, lots and lots of new toys that she loves. The catnip spray in particular ;)

I also finally got Namira "weaned" onto a decent cat food. It's PetSmart proprietary brand, Simply Nourish Source Indoor Adult Cat Food, the fish flavor. I used to feed their brand of dog food before I found Taste of the Wild. Until recently she was eating Friskie's which I didn't like at all, but she wouldn't touch anything but that so that's what she got for a long time at my parents' house.

Simply Nourish Source Ingredients:
Fish, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Chicken, Dried Potatoes, Dried Peas, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed Meal, Tomato Pomace, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Pea Fiber, Salt, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Ascorbic Acid], Vitamin A Supplement, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Cranberries, Dried Carrots, Dried Sweet Potatoes, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Taurine

She has been eating a mixed 5lb bag of some flavor Natural Balance in with about half of the 15lb bag of Friskie's she had left. She HATED the Natural Balance. She wouldn't touch her food unless she absolutely needed to eat. We finally got down to the bottom of her food bin, and she needed new food. So we went to PetSmart on Saturday and I picked up a bag of Simply Nourish because I knew it was a good food, and I got the fish flavor hoping she'd like that. Well, she digs it! She has emptied her bowl two days in a row, where on the mixture of Natural Balance and Friskie's it was taking her a few days. I'm just glad I found a food that she isn't turning her nose up at. She drinks plenty of water and she doesn't like wet food, so this is pretty good for a picky cat.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:59 pm

That's great you got her onto a good food.

Return to “Domestic Cats”