Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Peke-Faced and Doll-Faced Persians

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ahonaswildlife

Peke-Faced and Doll-Faced Persians

Postby ahonaswildlife » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Hey :icon-wink:
I'm curious: extreme-faced Persians are pretty unhealthy, so that's a no-go. Doll-faced Persians are pretty healthy.
As I've never owned a cat before, I figured that if I wanted a puma, I'd start with domestic felines, then jump to Bobcats and eventually become the proud owner of a puma icon-smile
Besides the eyes and nose, are there any other differences between DFPs and PFPs? I don't wish to own a PFP because I think it's cruel to them. But, PFPs have spectacular coats. Idk about DFP coats though, since they aren't 'show standard'.
My main question is, would it be possible, with the proper care and grooming PFPs receive for showing, to make a DFP's coat as soft and beautiful as a PFP's?
I'd really appreciate help with this. I mean, just look at them! Think of a cat with a heart-shaped face with such a luxurious coat!

http://www.cfa.org/portals/0/Images/bre ... 014-C3.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d61366.jpg
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Peke-Faced and Doll-Faced Persians

Postby sarajeku » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Doll-faced persians are closer to the original breed type. I don't know much about persians (my cat breed is the bengal) but I imagine that they are certainly soft and fluffy, but not quite to the extreme as the PFP.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm

http://www.breeds.traditionalcats.com/b ... istory.htm

Why does it matter if your pet cat's coat isn't "show" quality when what you're really going for is health and face shape?
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:49 am

If you want to scale up to exotics, just remember a persian is as far from an exotic cat as you can get, among all the domestic breeds. ;)
Persians and exotics (the short-haired persian, not what we consider "exotics") are the most mellow and "lazy" cat breeds there are.

Of course, on the polar opposite are bengals. You might want to look at something in between.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 am

sarajeku wrote:Doll-faced persians are closer to the original breed type. I don't know much about persians (my cat breed is the bengal) but I imagine that they are certainly soft and fluffy, but not quite to the extreme as the PFP.

I love Bengals! But I'm afraid of them because I got attacked by a Bengal owned by a friend's family. damn, they're high jumpers!
How about servals? I've been around them, and I know that they aren't domestic cats but they seem pretty sweet to me.
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 am

Juska wrote:http://www.breeds.traditionalcats.com/breedinfo/faqtpersian/persianhistory.htm

Why does it matter if your pet cat's coat isn't "show" quality when what you're really going for is health and face shape?

The cat's health and happiness are the first things I'm concerned about. I was asking about the coat because people approve of the PFP due to its coat. If DFPs had the same coats, probably the PFP breeders would end breeding them in the first place. No offence intended
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:03 am

Nìmwey wrote:If you want to scale up to exotics, just remember a persian is as far from an exotic cat as you can get, among all the domestic breeds. ;)
Persians and exotics (the short-haired persian, not what we consider "exotics") are the most mellow and "lazy" cat breeds there are.

Of course, on the polar opposite are bengals. You might want to look at something in between.

I know, hence they're the epitome of lapcats. But, I know that I'm not gonna own a cougar anytime soon, and I've never owned cats. My friends say that even domestic cats can cause some pretty serious damage (mauling, jumping on you, etc).
I wish to go slow. Maybe, 25 years from now, I'll own a cougar icon-smile
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:47 pm

If you've never even owned a cat before, maintaining the coat on a very long haired cat like a Persian probably isn't the best idea. Daily grooming and occasional bathing are required for this breed. Also, a breeder might not adopt one out to you as they're not really beginner's cats despite the lax nature, for the reasons mentioned earlier.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Norwegian Forrest cats are great. Big but pretty laid back though Kat her her wild moments in life. I brushed her some but not a ton. Medium long coat but were bred for outdoors so she didn't seem to get matty.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 pm

ahonaswildlife wrote:I love Bengals! But I'm afraid of them because I got attacked by a Bengal owned by a friend's family. damn, they're high jumpers!

ahonaswildlife wrote:... Maybe, 25 years from now, I'll own a cougar icon-smile

I don't want to sound mean, but if you are afraid of a domestic breed of cat, why do you want to own an exotic cat?

On the topic of laid back cats,
I've heard good things about the ragdoll breed as well.
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 am

sarajeku wrote:
ahonaswildlife wrote:I love Bengals! But I'm afraid of them because I got attacked by a Bengal owned by a friend's family. damn, they're high jumpers!

ahonaswildlife wrote:... Maybe, 25 years from now, I'll own a cougar icon-smile

I don't want to sound mean, but if you are afraid of a domestic breed of cat, why do you want to own an exotic cat?

On the topic of laid back cats,
I've heard good things about the ragdoll breed as well.

I'm usually never fearful of animals. I respect them. I know that they can detect your fear. Being attacked by a cat, no matter what type, isn't a very pleasant experience. Even domestic cats can cause a pretty bad mauling. I'm just wary of Bengals.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

If you are scared of bengals, how about getting a different breed of hybrid cat, like a jungle cat or savannah?
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 pm

ahonaswildlife wrote:

I'm usually never fearful of animals. I respect them. I know that they can detect your fear. Being attacked by a cat, no matter what type, isn't a very pleasant experience. Even domestic cats can cause a pretty bad mauling. I'm just wary of Bengals.

That doesn't really answer my question. (Also, the black cat in my photo is a bengal :icon-wink: )
If you're afraid of a cat as small as a Bengal (which is considered a domestic breed) mauling you, why do you want a cougar? I have worked with cougars, and although I love them, I would never cuddle one like I do my bengal.

Return to “Domestic Cats”