PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Why do some males hate females

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Yatzee

Why do some males hate females

Postby Yatzee » Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 am

I have 5 cats. 4 males 1 female.

My female is very quiet and low key. I have a Male that is the same but, he hates the female. Hisses and attacks her. She is so nervous around him. If he is on the porch, she won't even go outside.

5 years ago, I had 2 Male cats and the same thing happened. I brought a female home and he hated her.

Everyone is neutered and spayed.

I feel bad because, she walks around the house expecting to get attacked. We've had her over a year now. Got her when she was around 8 weeks. A friend found her in a sewer drain. And Panda is 5 years old.
GitaBooks

Re: Why do some males hate females

Postby GitaBooks » Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

It is likely just a coincidence that it happened twice to you. I volunteer at a shelter, work at a cat rescue, cat sit, and have owned a number of cats my self and some cats just don't like other cats (they can be quite the bullies). It doesn't seem too dependent on gender. Some male cats are bullies and some female cats our bullies. I have seen males bully females, males bully males, females bully males, and females bully females.
I can say that once cats are fixed, since the males aren't attracted to the females, that may affect on their behavior towards them.

Sometimes, if a cat is added after the others have bonded, it may be harder for them to accept that cat. However, we had a brother and sister cat that were bonded to one another. Before we got the female fixed (before we knew how important that was) she had a litter. The mother bonded to the son and the uncle bonded to the daughter. After the son passed away the uncle and daughter sort of excluded and even bullied the mother. I guess it just dependents on the cat.
Cats can be so complicated : )
Juska

Re: Why do some males hate females

Postby Juska » Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am

Cats are not community-oriented animals like dogs are. When multiple live together, they will "fight" to establish a pecking order. Sometimes that is literal fighting or it is more passive-aggressive like ignoring.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair

Return to “Domestic Cats”