https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Overly talkative cats?

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Gallium

Overly talkative cats?

Postby Gallium » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey there,
I have a cat that is way overly talkative. No matter what you do she feels the need to meow constantly. Plenty of food, water. Kind of annoying some times haha. Shes just a barn cat I took in as a kitten, sometimes I think she thinks I'm her mom.
I was wondering if you guys had any talkative cats, and if there are any medical things I should look out for? Shes energetic and seems to be happy, her meow is that of a purr/meow mixed. She did have round worms, and we got that taken care of. I don't know what else to do for her lol not sure what she wants.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overly talkative cats?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Some of them are just talkative like that. Asian breeds are famous for it but any cat can be.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Is she spayed? My cat used to call until we had him fixed, but then again that's a male cat.
And I was about to say, Siamese and Oriental cats are notorious for being loud.
Could just be that they are talkative. My two cats in particular are very talkative, especially when they are hungry.
Gallium

Postby Gallium » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

shes not spayed yet, but even when shes not in heat shes pretty vocal lol and when she is in heat shes not very loud at all. kinda weird =P
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Talkative cats are the best XD
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Whitecat

Postby Whitecat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:37 am

Gallium wrote:Hey there,
I have a cat that is way overly talkative. No matter what you do she feels the need to meow constantly. Plenty of food, water. Kind of annoying some times haha. Shes just a barn cat I took in as a kitten, sometimes I think she thinks I'm her mom.
I was wondering if you guys had any talkative cats, and if there are any medical things I should look out for? Shes energetic and seems to be happy, her meow is that of a purr/meow mixed. She did have round worms, and we got that taken care of. I don't know what else to do for her lol not sure what she wants.

Hello :)

My male cat (Ice) calls me all day long to give him water from the basin. All day!
Cat's can be very annoying lol but I love him anyway :)
Good luck with your cat ;)
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh yeah cats can be talkative!! Siamese are especially famous for it.

Each meow can mean something different, I actually wrote about the different sounds and their meanings before:

Some "WORDS" in Cat-speak::::
Trill, Chirps, chirrups "Singing" ---- a mother cat talking to her kittens, a cat asking for attention, or a cat that is excited, happy and/or playing

Hiss ---- feels threatened and afraid

Growl ----- anger or fear, may include snarls or yowls

Chatter --- the sound a cat makes when it wants to get to a prey animal

Miaow, mau and meow ----- generally a cat asking for something (food, play, attention), greeting, ect. A long meow may mean frustration and loud, desperate meows may mean a cat is scared or sick

Meeoo, Meeoo or Mew ---- sound of a hungry kitten

Noine, Noine, Noine ---- a sound some cats make while eating

Wheeou, wheeou ----- sound of a kitten calling its mother

Yowl ----- often made by tomcats for territorial reasons, but any cat can make the sound. Can also show signs of discomfort or worry, or calling for a mate

Caterwaul ------ the call of a female cat in heat

Scream ----- a breeding female or cats in a full-out fight

Purr ---- a cat that is content with your presence, whether it be in pain or even dying, or is happy and getting attention. They may also "worry-purr" about something

Squeak ---- a cat being picked up in the midst of a meow may make a squeaking sound. Kittens lifted by the scruff have been described as "squaking"

Return to “Domestic Cats”