PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Evil cat attacks nice lady in London. . .

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Elina

Evil cat attacks nice lady in London. . .

Postby Elina » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Ha no that's not going to be a headline in any news paper ever, if it was they would say I mistook the cat for a fox :lol: .

Today I was in London where I was meant to be delivering a fennec. I waited in the car for the guy for 3 hours so at some point in time I got out of the car for some air with Olympia in a carrier as the car was getting stuffy and I needed to stretch my legs. Anyhow a skinny cat was sniffing around the carrier with the sleeping Olympia inside so I went to pick up the carrier and the darn cat bit me in the thumb! I didn't even move fast, I just slowly bent my knees and grasped the handle and then had a cat on my thumb.

Yes, I screamed a little, I was shocked as I mean no one gets bitten by cats do they? It didn't just bite in it shook it's head then released my thumb a little them bit harder again. It never was only loosely biting, it was really hard all the time just it got harder at points. It sort of shook my hand, bit harder, shook again, bit harder all the while I could not get my thumb out of it's mouth as it's canines were in my thumb. I have quite a few tiny sort of pin prick sized holes and two big lines from his fangs. I have sorted them out and am on antibiotics.

Now here in the UK we don't have rabies so why would a cat do this?! Like I said I didn't act jumpy around it or anything, just my normal calm self. I gave it some dog treats after (like 10 mins after) as I felt bad for it's skinny little body but damn kitty's hurt!
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evil cat attacks nice lady in London. . .

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

Maybe was mad you were taking the fox away. Hard to say cats can be mean little snots at times. I dug up some old newspaper articles were cats were said to have killed people but they were VERY old article.

There was a more recent-ish news story of a construction worker put in critical care by a cat.

They can be nasty.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 am

Oh my.. sounds scary! Maybe the cat was just being plain mean, or it didn't like the scent of fox on you?
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Elina

Postby Elina » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm

So this morning I woke up and my thumb was even bigger then before. My OH had to help me with my shirt buttons for work as my left hand just the whole thing was rebelling! At work I got it x-rayed and the darn cat has fractured my thumb!!! I didn't think it was THAT bad but with myself I tend to underestimate things.

Oddly I did not even smell of fox as I went from work to my house, picked up a crate then back to London. Olympia did not even smell of fox really as she had her de-tangling spray on which, though smelling very, very nice is somewhat overpowering. And she was asleep so no violet gland funkiness nor poop.

I know cats can be just basically pains in the arse. Kikomo attacks my OH for no apparent reason but it's just not happened to me before. So cheesed off but more with the guy who had me waiting outside his darn house forever then with the cat.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Dang would never have suspected a break. I know one time a vet had a purple thumb and a hole in his nail from a cat biting him but still wouldn't have suspected bone damage.

Had a sheep break my finger once with help from my own stupidity, the breaking doesn't hurt as much as you think, I didn't even think I broke it but someone who saw me do it figured I had. The after sucks as it hurts any time you bump the broken area.

Stewie poked a hole in my thumbnail once with his claw. Surprised it didn't get infected but was tons of bleeding and lots of cleaning by me. That was plenty plenty painful, especially as his claw got stuck and he was trying to pull himself free, lol. Good mommy that I am I didn't scream but just grabbed his hand and pulled him loose.

Yeah that guy is nutty from the sound of it, wasting your time for nothing.
Elina

Postby Elina » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 am

I think it is more the fact that I had calcium deficiency as a child meaning now my bones are super delicate which meant the cat could inflict so much damage more then anything. I think if it was someone else it would not have been so bad.
damn lactose intolerance. My parents, nor my Dr when I was little thought to compensate for my inability to have milk, cheese and such with other calcium rich foods.

SO anyhow the guy text me yesterday saying that he is going to call me today. . . He can try but I am so not giving him the time of day. I start to wonder if the reason the cat was outside his place is maybe it is his? If so that is no place for a fennec!

He has this website about his 2 chihuahuas www.pocketandstitch.com and he seems to really care for them but I should have thought something was up, or more I should have trusted myself when he told me his name is "Taye Armani" and to google him and I mean the last update was 2007 and he says he is some T.V. presenter but I have never seen him on anything. . . . I don't really watch T.V. but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It seems even my OH's parents who watch all these reality T.V. shows have never seen or heard of him. . . What T.V. show would call you in at the last min to present it (that's what he said he was doing the night I was dropping off Olympia, his "work emergency"). . . Pffft!
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah...that's why I don't like cats :roll: Even a "nice" cat will suddenly lash out like that, it seems. I don't trust any cat for that reason.

I hope your thumb heals quickly; last year at Halloween I tore my right thumb nail off of the nail bed while taking off my panty hose! It sucks! I don't think it fully healed until December :P
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Domestic Cats”