PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Balance problem

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

SFig

Balance problem

Postby SFig » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am

Our youngest cat, Marco just turned 1 on March 5th and has a waddle when he walks. He jumps onto things using his front legs and prefers to climb onto things (using his arms to pull himself up). He squeaks instead of meows, so we initially thought he might have a brain issue or back issue, but the vet didn't find anything wrong with him. He's a great cat and very empathetic, he just has a tendency to fall off things. I feel bad because I can't really do anything to help him out.
Matt and Sam, owners of Batman (tuxedo cat), Marco (American Short Hair cat), and Bear (Bi-color Long hair cat)
Splashstorm

Re: Balance problem

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:00 am

Maybe he's just quirky like that, if your vet couldn't find a problem?
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
LiquidOnyx

Postby LiquidOnyx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 pm

I used to have a cat just like that. Never meowed properly (only squeaked occasionally) and couldn't jump to save his life. Even with small heights he couldn't figure out how to jump them. He also had terrible balance and was rather dim, lol.
SFig

Postby SFig » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 pm

LiquidOnyx,
That describes our cat exactly. We were planning on getting a cat tree for them, but we're scared he might fall off (as he does from even the couch). Did you have a tree for your cat or just ground toys?
Matt and Sam, owners of Batman (tuxedo cat), Marco (American Short Hair cat), and Bear (Bi-color Long hair cat)

Return to “Domestic Cats”