PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I need help with my cat please!

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxxy_kitty

I need help with my cat please!

Postby Foxxy_kitty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm

I never had any trouble with my cat before I moved to MD.Occasional hairballs but thats it. recently she has been licking and biting her tail and its bald and raw. I had an appoinment for today but, I couldnt get ahold of anyone at the vet. I may not be able to take her now till next week. Is there any suggestions or anything I can do for her until the vet time comes?
Lasergrl

Re: I need help with my cat please!

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm

My first thought is flea allergy. The area she is licking is a common one for this. You don't always see a flea because cats can groom them off pretty well. Alot of times when someone moves they leave behind flea pupae that hatch as soon as a new warm body walks in.
kiranachan

Postby kiranachan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:27 am

I agree with Lasergrl. My kitten had a similar problem when I first got her. It was horrible, she was to young for flea meds and flea shampoos so she had to deal with it for quite a while. A cat with flea allergy's doesn't have to be infested with fleas to have this problem. You might not even notice they have fleas at all if you try looking for them. I highly suggest getting your cat some anti flea meds from the vet, they should clean up.

Be careful of cheap stuff from the grocery store, I used one of them when I first moved out and was a dumb youngin' and it caused one of my cat's fur to fall out where the meds were applied. Also don't bother with flea collars I doubt it's healthy if the cats get them in their mouths, and from what I've seen of them used on my dogs, they don't really work.
Juska

Postby Juska » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 pm

kiranachan wrote:I highly suggest getting your cat some anti flea meds from the vet, they should clean up.

Be careful of cheap stuff from the grocery store, I used one of them when I first moved out and was a dumb youngin' and it caused one of my cat's fur to fall out where the meds were applied. Also don't bother with flea collars I doubt it's healthy if the cats get them in their mouths, and from what I've seen of them used on my dogs, they don't really work.

I completely agree with this. DO NOT buy Hartz or any other "bargain" flea remedies. Brands like that have been extremely harmful/fatal to many animals. There's even a website dedicated to all of the animals killed by Hartz products.

Don't use flea collars, either. They just don't work properly. Not only do they not provide full coverage of the animal's body (the back end is usually unguarded by the medication in the collar), some chemicals used in them can be toxic to humans and other animals.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Domestic Cats”