PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Persian Cats

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Laughing Hyena

Persian Cats

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 am

What can you guys tell me about Persian Cats? Are they a good pet Cat to have? I was just at a pet store and they had a gray adorable fluffy kitten called a Persian Cat out of all the other Cats they had the Persian was the most playful and the one begging for attention the most. The other Cats they had didn't seem to want to be handled or touched and could care less about attention. This Persian Kitten was more like a puppy dog than the other Cats lol. Is this how Persian Cats behave or was this certain kitten possibly been handled alot more than the other Cats?
Nìmwey

Re: Persian Cats

Postby Nìmwey » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 am

I just know that they, as well as the Exotic, are among the more sedentary cat breeds. The vast majority of cat breeds rank as "active" or "very active", because apparently, most people really like playful, active cats. Very few are more average or calmer, but the Persian and Exotic are known as probably the calmest cats around.

Then of course there are the health problems due to their extremely flattened faces - but there are differences, the more classical doll-faced Persians shouldn't have much trouble, compared to the modern show cat...:shock:

Doll face:

Modern show version:
And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuYvjqLywMw

Also the coat, as you can see. The show version has an extremely difficult coat to look after.
And I don't know if you're actually considering buying the pet store kitten, but if you are, please don't! It is almost guaranteed to have been bred in a kitten mill, same as puppy mills, even if the store denies it. (What store would admit to selling animals brought up in horrible, factory-like conditions? No one that wants to stay in business.)
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Laughing Hyena

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Ok thanks for the info! :) I guess its a hit or miss with pet stores some animals are sick after the first year they've had it and some people have no problems at all buying from a pet store. But for the price they are selling the cat for I don't think its worth the chance for $800.00. I'm actually looking into getting one from a breeder but even then some breeders are a hit or miss too. Sometimes you just can't win lol.
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:12 pm

You'll be paying a lot more than $800 for one from a breeder. Look into different breeds. Find one that suits you. Cats have many breeds just like dogs.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:54 pm

$800.00 :shock: that is a lot of money for a cat. (my opinion)

I like the main coon cats, they are pretty, but, I don't know the price tag on them.

sometimes the humane society has kittens, a lot cheaper than 800.00
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Yeah I was thinking go to a shelter too. They get kittens a lot and I'm sure you could find one that is outgoing. I mean it doesn't sound like a situation where you are in love with and set on getting a breed but just liked that outgoing kitten and you can find that in generic cats too.

Jake is very outgoing. He loves to snuggle with a person and would visit the neighbors and say high to them and go inside if they let them but he's loyal to my father as his person and sleep with him and gets mad if my dad is gone over night.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:55 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Yeah I was thinking go to a shelter too. They get kittens a lot and I'm sure you could find one that is outgoing. I mean it doesn't sound like a situation where you are in love with and set on getting a breed but just liked that outgoing kitten and you can find that in generic cats too.

Jake is very outgoing(found in neighbor's tree as a kitten). He loves to snuggle with a person and would visit the neighbors and say high to them and go inside if they let them but he's loyal to my father as his person and sleep with him and gets mad if my dad is gone over night.

Return to “Domestic Cats”