PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Cat peeing everywhere!

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxylady23

Cat peeing everywhere!

Postby Foxylady23 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:00 pm

So my fiance just moved out of his room at his parents house -he lived there to try and save money to put me through college. His room, where the cat lived and loved to be, was made into his mother's new office so Hannibal (the cat) can't live there anymore. In response to this, he has peed all over every part of the room and they are considering getting rid of the cat because they don't know how to control this. It seems to me this is a territorial issue. They love that cat more than anything and have had him since he was just born. I don't want to see them lose him just because of a territorial issue. Is there any hope?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cat peeing everywhere!

Postby Ash » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 am

Is the cat neutered? That could contribute to that.

Also I've heard others on here say that if a cat starts to mark when it generally hasn't there might be a medical issue that needs to be addressed.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 am

I believe he is neutered. I am not positive on that though. I know he has had a lot of trouble with UTI infections and has to be on some special kangaroo diet in order to stop crystals from forming in his kidneys. They have him on an extremely controlled diet and is on several medications to stop his UTI infections. Do you still think that could be the issue?
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:12 pm

It's possible. Maybe a vet visit is in order. They might be able to tell you more, and rule out if he's doing it because of an infection/other ailment.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 am

Crystals and infection can make it hurt to pee. They associate the pain with where they peed and stop going there.

If medical gets ruled out one thing to try is feliway. It used pheromones to help calm cats down. Also if he's just peeing in the room he's no longer allowed to live in can't they just close the door and keep him out? What about all the stuff that got taken out of the room? Was everything just taken away from the cat? Did he used to have a litter box in there? What about things he liked to sleep on? Was it all just taken away? They could try giving some of it back where he now is allowed to live.
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Sorry for the late reply! So far, it's been going well for Hannibal. They did just what you said and closed the door so he couldn't get in and he's been responding well. A little more needy than usual, but he stopped peeing in the office so they're happy! Apparently, the "I'm going to get rid of the cat" comment came from my fiancés father and not his step mother (she was very upset to hear him even mentioning getting rid of her baby even for that reason). So all is well! Thank you for the help! Hannibal is so sweet, I couldn't imagine what it would do to the family if he left, so I just wanted to help them out. Thank you again!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:56 pm

That's good it's working out for them.

Return to “Domestic Cats”