PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Newest Addition-Gizmo!

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BlueBaby1023

Newest Addition-Gizmo!

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Well, we were visiting the humane society yesterday to pick up a foster kitty for a few weeks until they could spay her, and I had the bright idea of going in the kitten room. (Bad idea, as my boyfriend said later. :lol: ) Anyways, we peeked around at a few litters and although I'm pretty immune to general kitten cuteness, there was a pathetic little scrap of fur in one cage screaming his head off.

I took him out to see what was wrong, and he immediately curled up on my chest under my chin. I held him for a few minutes, passed him off to Nathan, and he did the same with him. When we put him back, he resumed screaming until I picked him up again with this most dreadful look on his face. :icon-frown:

While I'm immune to kitten cuteness, pathetic broken-ness is my weak spot. Nathan and I talked about him off and on all last night, and when we were out getting Stella her new tags from animal services, we decided to stop back by to see him. When we went into the humane society, he was curled up on the lady at the front desk, and he looked rather pathetic. They said he was having a bought of URI again and that he had lost weight. Naturally, this made me feel even worse for him, and she asked if we wanted to hold him for a bit again. So we sat there in the lobby deciding whether or not to take this sickly kitten home.

Well, if you couldn't tell by the title, we did. I'm not much for snap decisions, but he was just too sad and pathetic not to want to help him. :lol:

Since getting him home earlier this afternoon, he's eaten like a pig and perked up. Stella and Alex both love him :lol: Rachel hisses and runs away. Now that he has this wide wide wide world to explore, he hasn't been cuddling as much, but that's probably for the best. He's still got his pathetic meow, and he follows us everywhere.

Just a couple pictures of him. It really doesn't look like it, but he's less than 1.5lbs. That's about half of what my guinea pigs weigh, for a size comparison.

Pathetic at the shelter:

Much more alert at home:

Stella loving on him: (Excuse the mess, we are still unpacking)

Currently, he's falling asleep on the same spot that I was holding him originally, under my chin. Such a sweet little guy.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newest Addition-Gizmo!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 am

Cute little guy.
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks. :) He slept on us for most of the night.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:55 am

His eyes... are HUGE! What a cute little guy! I'm glad you could take him and help the poor thing out.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Ash wrote:His eyes... are HUGE! What a cute little guy! I'm glad you could take him and help the poor thing out.

LOL yes they are. His ears are also too big for his head. :lol: He's been eating like a pig all day, so hopefully he will gain some weight by the time he goes in for his first vet check.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Gizmo's new collar came in the mail today, but even on the smallest setting, it's almost twice as big as his neck, but can't fit over his head very well. Sadly, he can't keep it on yet because he could strangle himself with it if he got his mouth into it.

4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Gizmo is growing like a weed! :lol: He's also in love with Stella since Alex is a bit too rough with him and Rachel hides on top of the new cat tree most of the day. When she does come down, though, they've played some. (Which is astounding considering how long it took for her to accept other cats in the past! He's only been here for two weeks!)

The collar is finally starting to fit. Nap time with Stella:

4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound