please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Kitty Roundup

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

minervasden

Kitty Roundup

Postby minervasden » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:47 am

Just thought I'd put all the cats together for updates and pictures.

Now that the most recent addition Shimmer has settled in her lovely bad habits have manifested:
Biting-Doesn't appear anyone taught her how to play or that biting is not acceptable. Wasn't too difficult to correct.

Peeing on bedding. This only happens upstairs (there was bedding downstairs also) on beds and blankets. My mother's room can simply be shut off. Mine cannot. I must pack and unpack my bedding as needed. I don't sleep on a bed which is a plus in this case. Mildly inconvinent but acceptable. At least she is not peeing on carpeting. The usual suggestions for inappropriate urination made no difference so it may just be a texture preference or who knows. Yes, medical uled out. Otherwise A+ for litterbox habits.

Door running. Cat has a sixth sense for when you are even thinking of opening a door. This was more difficult to alter. I don't trust her completely but she seems to have it down that one must stay 2 feet back from the door.

Favorite position

Sorry about the laser eyes

Sixteen year old Sienna is the oldest and #1 best cat. She gets a little excited when the camera comes out. Did catch her sitting still.

Finally 6 year old Smokey. He has never really taken to me even after 3 years. Smokey likes to wrestle and so does Shimmer so she is a good companion for him. Usually won't give a nice pose but here he is is after raiding a toy box.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kitty Roundup

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Your cats are beautiful, and I love their names. Shimmer is so pretty. Her colors are so soft, and her name suits her perfectly.

Wow, Sienna is one old lady, lol. Is she still in good health? Have you had her her whole life?

There's a blacksheep in every family, and maybe Smokey's the one in yours. :lol: That's good to know that he and Shimmer get along.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Ash wrote:Your cats are beautiful, and I love their names.
Wow, Sienna is one old lady, lol. Is she still in good health? Have you had her her whole life?

Thank you. And yes, I have had Sienna since she was a kitten. She has been a kidney failure cat since age 9 and has a minor cataract in one eye but otherwise is in good health.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Wow, that must be so neat. I've never had an animal with a lifespan long enough to see it in its true "golden years." I'm glad she's doing well. I think she is really pretty too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:34 am

Recent Sienna picture. Please disregard any cluttered/messy/odd backgrounds. The computer I'm using for now has nothing to edit images with.

After putting the sweater away for the season, there was additional cold weather and Shimmer's sweater returned. Shimmer not thrilled. She reluctantly accepts it though as it beats being cold.

Shimmer in her new tunnel.

Shimmer just hanging out. Wished it would have came out nicer.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:32 am

An eyewitness though I did not catch the act on camera. Shimmer is the enemy of cleanliness. She is sticking her leg into the shop vac and scooping out the contents for redistribution around the house. Weirdo :roll:
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Sounds fun, for her anyway.

Return to “Domestic Cats”