my white cat died today.

All breed of house Cats and Kittens

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

my white cat died today.

Postby pat » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:09 pm

my white cat got hit by a car today, I am devastated over it. he was my favorite cat.
really weird, he never went on the road before.

Sammy was my favorite cat
sammy7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
minervasden

Re: my white cat died today.

Postby minervasden » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Sorry you lost Sammy.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Sorry you lost him like that. He had pretty eyes.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 am

thank you.

I really miss him this morning, he was always in my room with me the morning :cry:

Sammy had one blue eye and one green eye. his fur was not like a regular cat. he had a such unique fur.
when he was outside and I would call him, he always came to me, even if I couldn't see him.... heck, he listened better than the dogs do.

I do have a question, he was hit in the head. gary said his jaw was broke. it is confusing me, cause he was not found on the road.
if he was hit in the head from a car, would he have been able to walk from the road to the driveway?
I was wondering if gary ran him over and didn't see him. Sammy had a bad habit of sleeping under a car or right at the wheel.
gary said he always checks for him before he leaves, but, gary found him right before the gate. gary noticed him after he opened the gate and drove through. guess I will never know. icon-sad

GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I am so sorry. We've lost cats to the road and it is devastating. Miracle and Milly will always be in my memories.

Cats can keep running after being hit until shock sets in. It is so sad, but it is so much better not to find them on the road. When we see cats on the road that have been hit I always try to stop and move them off so that they can get a proper burial by however owns them. Milly and Miracle were both on the road. : (
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Cats usually run and jump all over when they get hit. I've seen it happen and it's very sad. You can't even get near them to help them. He could have run toward your driveway, but he probably died very quickly without much suffering.

Rest in peace, Sammy.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Yeah my neighbor's dog got hit by a car on the street and ran half way down onto our side road before collapsing and then dying from a brain injury.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:21 pm

thank you everyone. I was confused about where Sammy's body was found. he would have had to squeeze through the gate or fence to get in.
not sure if he could have. In the past, I have seen go through the side fence, but never the near the gate. cats are pretty agile, so I am sure it is possible.

I never heard of a cat or dog living for awhile, then dying after they walked away. I believe everyone here. I was just confused, and of course saddened, as is the other cats, dogs and even my youngest raccoon. icon-sad

I remember several plus years ago, one of my cats got hit by a car icon-sad , I found her on the other side of the road. so maybe with her,
it was just instant. From what I remember, she didn't have any blood.

I don't even live on a busy road at all. some of these people go faster than they should.

Thank you again for your support. means a lot to me.

Kagney

Postby Kagney » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 am

I'm so sorry for your loss Pat.
He was beautiful, and sounds like a really nice guy. icon-sad
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm so sorry. You have a sharp curve in the road outside your house, it needs some slow signs, caution signs. Terrible what we lose because someone wanted to reach their destination two minutes faster.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Thank you Kagney and Ana.

out of the six cats, Sammy was my favorite. Seems so weird now, he was with me in the mornings.

I still aren't sure if Gary accidentally ran him over. Gary found him in one of tire tracks.

Your right Ana about the curve, There was an accident a few months ago at that curve. The guy that got hit was darn lucky.
his car ended up in a ditch, then he couldn't get out of the car. He end up punching the windshield to get out. the car did roll and landed on the roof.
The woman coming the other way was on the wrong side of the road and speed was a factor :roll:

I doubt Sammy got hit at that curve, I can't see where he could of made it home alive, then die in the driveway.
I have to ask Gary when he seen Sammy, before he opened the gate or after. he was not very clear on that.
Maybe its best I don't know. :shrug:

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

If he was literally run over with a tire it would be obvious and gross. Sounds more like he was grazed by a fast car or maybe tumbled underneath.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:23 am

Mary,

your right, makes sense. I finally asked Gary if he seen Sammy's body before getting to the gate or after he drove through the gate.
he said, he saw Sammy's body before he got to gate. so what you and the other members mentioned is more clear to me.
but, I will never know who hit him. doubt it was done on purpose. however, there is some guy that lives down the street, and is known for running cats down on purpose, guess the idiot don't like cats icon-sad

Return to “Domestic Cats”