one of my cats died today.

Postby pat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:41 pm

one of my cats got hit by a car today.
she was a twin.

The twin brother seems depressed today. icon-sad
I feel bad for him.

I don't live on a busy road. but, there is a guy that lives around here
that purposely will try and hit a cat :twisted:
don't know if it was him, but, it could have been an accident.
I think she was on her way back here icon-sad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juska

Re: one of my cats died today.

Postby Juska » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm so sorry, Pat...living near a very busy road, I'm always terrified one of our dogs will get out and be hit. It's happened once before. I hope her twin brother feels better soon. I can't imagine what it's like, being an animal and not knowing why my sibling didn't come home...
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Juska wrote:I'm so sorry, Pat...living near a very busy road, I'm always terrified one of our dogs will get out and be hit. It's happened once before. I hope her twin brother feels better soon. I can't imagine what it's like, being an animal and not knowing why my sibling didn't come home...

the thing is, I don't live on a busy road. but, I guess, she was crossing the road at the wrong time. icon-sad

thanks juska, hubby come home from work to get her body off the road. (i am too whimpy)
he put her in the bucket of his tractor early in the day. that is where her little body stayed, until he come home from work for the day. he buried her next to my dog, opie that died in april.

maybe I should have covered her up until he got home icon-sad

I think it happened around 3am, one of my dogs woke me up with a different type bark,
I got up, looked out the window, thinking someone was in the yard, then the twin brother
tapped me on the shoulder, (scared the hell out of me). it was like he was telling me something.
KijtFox

Postby KijtFox » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Oh, I am so sorry... That kind of thing has happened way too often to me, and everytime I wish someone was around to make me feel better... I mean, it's just so sad, and she's so cute in that picture, too. I'll definately think of her and send her well-wishes so she has lots of toy mice and feather lures to play with.

On another note, though. That guy is awful if he tries to hit cats on purpose. Isn't there something that can be done about that? It counts as animal abuse, right? I mean, my cousin had a neighboor who put out poisoned food to try to kill her cats (and the neighboor had cats too, shows how much he cared), and they were able to get him.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 am

KijtFox wrote:Oh, I am so sorry... That kind of thing has happened way too often to me, and everytime I wish someone was around to make me feel better... I mean, it's just so sad, and she's so cute in that picture, too. I'll definately think of her and send her well-wishes so she has lots of toy mice and feather lures to play with.

On another note, though. That guy is awful if he tries to hit cats on purpose. Isn't there something that can be done about that? It counts as animal abuse, right? I mean, my cousin had a neighboor who put out poisoned food to try to kill her cats (and the neighboor had cats too, shows how much he cared), and they were able to get him.

thanks kitjfox...

it might of not even been this cat hater. could have been an accident.
can't prove it, thats the problem icon-sad

that is just horrible about your cousins neighbor. I just don't undestand how some people
can be so cruel :twisted:
KijtFox

Postby KijtFox » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Some people are just like that, I don't know why, but it happens.

How's her brother holding up, by the way? I remember when I lost my Cheshire Cat, his brother Toby, who oddly looks an awful lot like that picture of your little girl there, needed extra love because he got lonely.
BB

Postby BB » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:13 am

I'm so sorry. :cry:
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Pat :( One of my cats was hit by a car a couple years ago or so. It was very sad. I wish I knew who did it...and whether it was on purpose or not. We have some evil neighbors around here, too.
Elina

Postby Elina » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Only just saw this hun, I am so sorry for your loss.

There are lots of idiots like that around here but also sometimes nice people hit cats as they do have a way of getting into tricky situations. I have never hit a cat but I know one guy that did and he gets broken up taking about it so sometimes it's not nasty people. I do find however the none nasty ones normally call you to tell you that they are sorry and often bring the body back or so I have been told.

I hope her brother is feeling better.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
Delight

Postby Delight » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm

That's just horrible! It's always so sad to loose an animal, a few years back my male abyssinian got out of the house (he was indoor only with an outdoor enclosure) and our neighbors shot him, it was horrible! There was nothing we could to about it though because the cat wandered onto their property and got stuck in their tree. It made me extreamly mad though, as he was a complete LOVE and he was also a stud male with grand champions on both sides of his family three generations back. It was quite a loss for me both emotionally and financially as I had invested a lot of money into purchasing him. I have never hit an animal before but I know if I did I would be out searching people's houses to find it's owner. The worst is not knowing - I would much rather know what happened to my beloved pet and I know most other people would as well. God bless her and may she have a beautiful life on the other side of the rainbow bridge!
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:29 am

I'm very sorry for your lose.
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Very very sorry Pat, even if it was quite a while ago. One of my cats got hit by a car last summer. Still hurts. May she rest in peace
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Pat, that's horrible. :(( Very sorry that had to happen.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Domestic Cats”