NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ahonaswildlife

Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, people icon-smile I won't own these for a long time to come, but I figured that I'd want to get my list down.

Here's my exotic cats wishlist:

Bobcat
Canadian Lynx
Ocelot
Cougar
Clouded Leopard

As for the endangered Bengal tiger which we wish to conserve, I dream of working with them, although I'd never want one as a pet. I know my limits.

From all the research I've done, I know that Bobs, Lynxes and Cougars are the most easily available cats on my list. The prices don't matter to me, tbh.
But, how about Ocelots? Clouded Leopards are a native species in Bangladesh, and I've heard that the main prob with them in captivity is that they get VERY affectionate. Idk if we're allowed to own native species, but I can certainly wish :lol:

Sooo...what do you think of ocelots? Will I be able to take care of them after I gain experience?

But first, could you please name some domestic cats you think I should own before I go to exotics? I'll settle for a Ragdoll now, since I'm just getting started, but I know I need a high-energy cat to gain experience and Ragdolls are pretty laid-back cats.
TurkRoach

Re: Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Postby TurkRoach » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Isn't South East Asia filled with "animal police"/rescues (which is probably operated by a Westerner) that would do anything to prevent you from getting the animal of your choice?
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm

TurkRoach wrote:Isn't South East Asia filled with "animal police"/rescues (which is probably operated by a Westerner) that would do anything to prevent you from getting the animal of your choice?

Not really...Asians generally are unsympathetic towards animals.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 am

For domestic cats, would be the savannah and bengal. Both hybrids.

I've seen people with pet ocelots online, they seem very outgoing and friendly, people walk them outside with a harness. I'd assume they're still the same as other felines though, probably need an outdoor enclosure and spray urine everywhere.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”