PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Bitter Root Bobcats

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Realtree1

Bitter Root Bobcats

Postby Realtree1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:25 pm

So i was re reading some stuff on bobs and got to wondering if there description of bobs is accurate. Its just seems almost to good to be true. http://www.bobcatsmt.com/pdfs/Guide.pdf here is the site to their info guide.
kermisracer

Re: Bitter Root Bobcats

Postby kermisracer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:44 am

Which claims strike you as dubious?
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:08 pm

They say that many bobs love all people and will go to anyone. They just seem to make it sound like a large majority of bobs have almost domestic like friendliness to all people. This just seems to counter my other research on exotic cats, which normally states that most are only partial to their owners and no one else. Which I will grant that they do mention that they can be largely one person or one family cats, but on the same note they claim, in another sentence, something along the lines of bobs loving all people and could easily be stolen because they want to go to everyone. I'm not inferring that the entire article is fraudulent, I just want to make sure I am understanding the article fully or that they worded things correctly to reflect their meaning.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 pm

It sounds like a truthful article, though based on one person's experiences with the bobcats they breed and socialize. Whether or not they will go to other people largely depends on their early socialization, just like with any exotic. Perhaps these breeders really emphasize that. The bobcat I worked with was friendly with everyone (albeit, I had very limited, supervised interactions). And if you read about Egroegarts (I think that's his username) bobcat on here, Benji, you will see how lovey-dovey they can be.

The article does seem to be very biased in favor of bobcats. So while many of the great things they say about them are true, keep your other research in mind because there are certainly a lot more negatives that are not mentioned by the article.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Okay I thought that might be the case, being slightly biased that is,. I know benji is an amazing bob, but again thats one bob. So far however I think that between benji, their article, some other articles by other breeders, and now your experience, I would probably be inclined to believe that they have many good points.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Realtree1 wrote:Okay I thought that might be the case, being slightly biased that is,. I know benji is an amazing bob, but again thats one bob. So far however I think that between benji, their article, some other articles by other breeders, and now your experience, I would probably be inclined to believe that they have many good points.

I want to emphasize, that my experience was extremely limited. While a did work with a bobcat, it was only a number of times actually going into its cage.

Maybe ask Egroegart about other bobcats. He owned one before he owned Benji. He also was in the exotic cats community and spoke with a lot of people about their bobs and other exotic felines. He'd probably be able to give you some deep, sincere insight. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Okay will do thanks very much for the advice.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”