PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

SAND CAT (FELIS MARGARITA)‏

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

udolastenberg

SAND CAT (FELIS MARGARITA)‏

Postby udolastenberg » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 pm

I would like to know if it is possible to acquire a sand cat... So if you have any information to get one - Please let me know :icon-wink:

I'm grateful for every small information.

best regards
udo from germany
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SAND CAT (FELIS MARGARITA)‏

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:50 pm

They are available in Europe from time to time, but I've heard the stock is very inbred. That doesn't mean that you wouldn't get a healthy one though. The UK seems to have them available if you keep a look out. :)

Welcome to the forum. Sand cats are definitely something I'm interested in.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
udolastenberg

Postby udolastenberg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 pm

@Ash I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some information about some breeders, addresses or web pages where i can find some of these great animals. i know it sounds ridiculous but.... I honestly don't know where to look to find some of them :roll:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Try RFUK.com. The sand cats are hard to come by, but they'll pop up in petstores in the UK every now and again. If you join up with RFUK, chances are you'll be more likely to find out when/if any are available. I know at one point someone in the Czech Republic (or somewhere like that) was breeding them. A member here imported one from them, but it passed away due to a genetic issue.

Also try to locate brokers. They will be your friends and will help you find what you want, as long as you are a committed, serious buyer.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:17 pm

the only ad on rfuk is a single male sand cat for sale dated march 2011, there was no price stated on the ad.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Not necessarily look in the ads, but ask about where the exotic mammal owners are. They might mention one off hand if you know you're looking.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”