https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

exoticcats.org - need to get in touch with exoticcatz.com

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

exoticcats

exoticcats.org - need to get in touch with exoticcatz.com

Postby exoticcats » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:40 am

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which is extremely similar to the old exoticcatz.com website. I only learned about it after I started working on exoticcats.org, but it seems that exoticcatz.com was almost exactly what I want exoticcats.org to be. So, if anybody still has contacts to the owner or old mod/admin team, I'd appreciate it if you could put me in touch with them. Even if they don't have a backup, I'd at least like to have permission to copy some of the articles over to exoticcats.org.

Apart from that, there is a slight difference in our concepts. I want exoticcats.org to have a 2-tiered setup, with static pages written by website volunteers in a well-structured menu covering the generic questions and blog articles written by "external" contributors being more specific. There also will be a forum for discussion.

For now, the website is completely empty, but if you would like to contribute to it or to volunteer as an author/editor/forum moderator, please contact me via PM. Registration is disabled, so I'll need to create accounts for you manually.

By the way, you don't need to worry that exoticcats.org might share the fate of exoticcatz.com. I am hosting it on a secure, anonymous, off-shore hosting provider and automatic backups are enabled. I am willing to give full admin access to somebody trusted, so that he can keep local copies of the backups and substitute me if the need arises.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: exoticcats.org - need to get in touch with exoticcatz.co

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:10 am

Here's a post with a link to some old info, in case you didn't see it. ;)

http://www.raskbb.com/sybilsden/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12412

They made a new site "Gruesclues.com," but it didn't take off and now doesn't exist anymore.

There are some members from exoticcatz that came here. A lot of them are in this thread here: http://www.raskbb.com/sybilsden/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8471.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
exoticcats

Postby exoticcats » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 am

I saw these threads, that's how I learned about exoticcatz.com.

Does anybody know more about Jessie, the owner of exoticcatz.com? I was able to find out a bit about her, including a possibly private e-mail address (I won't publicly tell how, or else AR fanatics and other adversaries might be able to do the same). Do you think I should contact her, or is it possible that she doesn't want to do anything with it anymore? That sort of would explain why the website wasn't brought back online.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:55 am

No harm in contacting her to ask, imo.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
exoticcats

Postby exoticcats » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 am

Good point - I just e-mailed her. Although I'm wondering why exoticcatz.org is still registered in her name (domain registrations usually need to be paid annually), despite the fact that it's offline for so long.
hecate

Postby hecate » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

Registrars will pretty much let you purchase and renew domains for as many years at a time as you like. paying for the entire term up front. This domain was first registered on January 12, 2005 and expires on January 12, 2016 (I manage over 2,000 domains at work, network security engineer). Many of our properties buy or keep domains they aren't using just in case they decide to use them in the future, or just to keep somebody else from buying them.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:19 pm

hecate wrote:Registrars will pretty much let you purchase and renew domains for as many years at a time as you like. paying for the entire term up front. This domain was first registered on January 12, 2005 and expires on January 12, 2016 (I manage over 2,000 domains at work, network security engineer). Many of our properties buy or keep domains they aren't using just in case they decide to use them in the future, or just to keep somebody else from buying them.

My sister and I have domain names we've been keeping for years for when we get our artwork up and going in comic format. We've got a bunch that we're holding onto.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”