PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

You guys hear about Benji the bobcat?

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Akuma223

You guys hear about Benji the bobcat?

Postby Akuma223 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:27 pm

I apologize if this was already mentioned but did you guys hear that egrogart was forced to give Benji to a shelter, after which Benji died this summer? Words can't describe the pure fury I'm feeling right now to discover this. I've followed benjis story from the beginning and to see it end so suddenly and with such injustice makes my blood boil. My heart goes out to benjis daddy, no words can ever sooth the pain you feel but know we are with you brother.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: You guys hear about Benji the bobcat?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:59 pm

No. That's terrible.

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showt ... the-bobcat

So this was due to the stupid ban in Ohio. So many dead due to that.
Akuma223

Postby Akuma223 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:10 pm

No body is going to be safe at this point, if someone wanted to take my animals they'd have to take them from my cold dead hands.

If the government try's to pull this crap with any of us we need to band together immediately! As soon as they contact you come here and rally the troops, there isn't many of us but there's safety in numbers! We need to come together when people try to do this to us or they'll just continue to pick us and our animals off, one by one.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:09 am

Hardly a "shelter." :( It's so hard on exotic cats to be rehomed. This is so sad, and I can't believe that this injustice could even happen.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:24 pm

I am just sick over this. I feel so very very bad for egrogart and what he had to endure. this should have never happened :cry:

I am sick of these stupid government people. I really mean stupid. it makes me sick to think how these poor animals are "stolen" from a good home.

I have seen benji a couple times. he was a super great guy. benji was friends with egrogarts munjac deer. it was such a cute bond between the two of them. benji loved and trusted george. poor benji was probably so confused why he was taken away.

I hope we can all band together and start complaining and keep up the pressure. I for one plan on complaining about the loss of benji and other exotics that were stolen from good homes. I did complain once. but, of course was ignored. I think excessive emails, phone calls from many people might help. publicity also. any ideas are welcome.

I don't know if phone calls, petitions and whatever would help stop this. but we can give it our best shot.
I know OAAO tried very hard to have some of these stupid new laws changed, but, did not succeed.
the problem is, fighting them in court usually ends up on the losing end. these jerks have more money than they know what to do with, therefore, they can afford to fight in court. :twisted:

I hope everyone understands that since ohio started this sh**, many other states are and will be following this BS.

these jerks tell us we need experience prior to owning exotics. which in some cases I agree. but, I think the government needs more experience and understanding.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
kermisracer

Postby kermisracer » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:15 pm

He was such a great cat!

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/dDEj9d]
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:22 pm

kermisracer,

thank you for posting his picture. yes, I agree, he was a super great cat. I am so very saddened over this.

naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 am

very sad to hear that, egrogart was always very nice and genuine on the old EC forum.
on a side note, anyone know what happened to john's cats and the sanctuary near him that had rowdy the tiger?
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
echeatham

Postby echeatham » Tue May 31, 2016 7:30 pm

How did the government every find out about Benji? Couldn't he have have just kept him a secret?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 pm

echeatham wrote:How did the government every find out about Benji? Couldn't he have have just kept him a secret?

Not sure, but, I think egohart had a game officer come every year for inspection. he was forced to bring his bobcat to the sanctuary. now after all this trauma, from what I heard, now bobcats are legal :twisted: :roll:

echeatham

Postby echeatham » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 pm

pat wrote:
echeatham wrote:How did the government every find out about Benji? Couldn't he have have just kept him a secret?

Not sure, but, I think egohart had a game officer come every year for inspection. he was forced to bring his bobcat to the sanctuary. now after all this trauma, from what I heard, now bobcats are legal :twisted: :roll:

Makes one think not to even bother getting a permit. How would anyone ever know unless someone told on you?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Makes one think not to even bother getting a permit. How would anyone ever know unless someone told on you?

I can understand what you are saying, but, it only takes one person to see an exotic and report it.icon-sad

I thought I read that in Ohio, bobcats are now consider house pets. not sure, so maybe you can check on their stupid regs if you are in ohio.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Friends have turned on people due to a tiff or something and turned people in even BF. I'm sure everyone thinks they are a better judge of character than that but it happens. Meter reader peeks in a window. EMS or someone shows up for an emergency and you get turned in. Vet wont see it so it dies from something treatable. If you value the animal's life and well being you don't do it illegally no matter how bad the law is.

Bobcats were not supposed to be covered by the exotic ban so a lawsuit eventually made them legal again but they could change the law at any time with a bill since they obviously want them banned too. So if I were in state I wouldn't. And like with the exotic ban they didn't really grandfather anyone, need to meet unrealistic rules, then they simply weren't taking apps till after deadline, then to bad you missed the deadline etc. They didn't really want anyone to be able to keep their animals, Ohio sucks.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”