https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

ahonaswildlife

Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, people icon-smile I won't own these for a long time to come, but I figured that I'd want to get my list down.

Here's my exotic cats wishlist:

Bobcat
Canadian Lynx
Ocelot
Cougar
Clouded Leopard

As for the endangered Bengal tiger which we wish to conserve, I dream of working with them, although I'd never want one as a pet. I know my limits.

From all the research I've done, I know that Bobs, Lynxes and Cougars are the most easily available cats on my list. The prices don't matter to me, tbh.
But, how about Ocelots? Clouded Leopards are a native species in Bangladesh, and I've heard that the main prob with them in captivity is that they get VERY affectionate. Idk if we're allowed to own native species, but I can certainly wish :lol:

Sooo...what do you think of ocelots? Will I be able to take care of them after I gain experience?

But first, could you please name some domestic cats you think I should own before I go to exotics? I'll settle for a Ragdoll now, since I'm just getting started, but I know I need a high-energy cat to gain experience and Ragdolls are pretty laid-back cats.
TurkRoach

Re: Ocelots and Clouded Leopards

Postby TurkRoach » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Isn't South East Asia filled with "animal police"/rescues (which is probably operated by a Westerner) that would do anything to prevent you from getting the animal of your choice?
Bora Kalem
ahonaswildlife

Postby ahonaswildlife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm

TurkRoach wrote:Isn't South East Asia filled with "animal police"/rescues (which is probably operated by a Westerner) that would do anything to prevent you from getting the animal of your choice?

Not really...Asians generally are unsympathetic towards animals.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 am

For domestic cats, would be the savannah and bengal. Both hybrids.

I've seen people with pet ocelots online, they seem very outgoing and friendly, people walk them outside with a harness. I'd assume they're still the same as other felines though, probably need an outdoor enclosure and spray urine everywhere.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”