PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Serval pickup

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Delight

Re: Serval pickup

Postby Delight » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I love Garfield! He seems to be coming along really well for you. I also have an adult serval rehome that I took in this year, his name is Sevrign. He has also done wonderful with me. I know that not everyone who gets adult servals is as lucky as we are to have cats that will actually let you pet them and who will play and be friendly with you. Sevrign is a doll though, he's not even as scarey as my geoffroys cat lol.
amyers

Postby amyers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:23 pm

We just got a rehome about a month ago. He's about 5 years old, and we haven't been nearly as lucky as you too...yet. As I keep telling him, we have about 15 years to get to know each other, I've got time.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Adorable! Your serval is pretty cute too. xD

What's his enclosure like? I'm assuming the fence must be covered, otherwise he'd climb/jump out? And is it underground at all, or doesn't he dig? I don't know much about Servals. >.>
steel2790

Postby steel2790 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 am

I forgot the measurements, wanting to say roughly 10x14 with top and bottom enclosed as well as double doors. Reason I added a second door to the front is from when I had my fox, she thought it was cute to dart out and play in the yard a couple times. I've been meaning to add a jumping perch but he loves to sometimes lay on top of his "cat house" and pretend he can stalk animals sometimes in the field.
He just turned six, while with all animals personality may very, I think it definitely helps I'm spending 1-2hours daily in the pen with him trying for consistent affection or whatever to help his behavior around people, and he'll even headbutt and rub up against people he has only seen once or twice before. Overall, I think i lucked out cause he's pretty lazy for the most part and doesn't really care if I bother him, although I try to read and respect his boundaries.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 am

You and Garfield seem to have a strong bond. :) It sounds like you've practically owned him his whole life. I think it's great that he has rehomed so well since it is usually quite difficult for servals. Of course, your consistency with him certainly must help.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
steel2790

Postby steel2790 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 pm

just an update, haven't posted in a while, I blame this semester.
But have a few more i'll upload later, was putting fresh bedding in and he kept trying to get my attention....needless to say he got it.

*random rants* far as the random mini block behind him, someone built him that for me, so as a favor I left it their so it wouldnt hurt anybody feelings even though its obviously too small to do anything with , but it doesnt take up any of his space really so its fine i suppose. Also, far as the random bars causing little spots of rust on the top, any idea how to remove that? just from an asthetic point of view, or guess just a new can of paint/spray?
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 pm

I LOVE Garfield!!! Please, when you have time, post more photo's. Is he still, as, sweet, and loving as he used to be? Any stories about him, you care to share, I would LOVE to "hear". He made my night, thank you.

steel2790

Postby steel2790 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 pm

moreso, thank god neighbors don't complain or hear him. But every morning I can hear bird chirps....nope....its garfield all happily chirping as he hops on his jumping board.
I'll throw up more pics probably tomorrow. But he loves opening stuff, for instance the bedding package it came in, he submerged his head in the shavings and got caught in a sneezing loop for a little bit, was pretty adorable.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 am

You need to remove the rust. You can buy a rust remover or use vinegar but rinse it really clean and dry and paint it right away or it will rust more. Painting over it wont help unless you remove it first, it keeps rusting under the paint and the paint will flake off.
steel2790

Postby steel2790 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Had to go out town saturday and got this on my way back home late saturday night.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 pm

He's a handsome fellow! I really love his ears!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:55 am

He's so unique looking. :D Awesome that he's so tame, too, after getting him as an adult.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Ash wrote:He's a handsome fellow! I really love his ears!

I agree, with Ash, that, he is a VERY handsome fellow.

vln_girl wrote:He's so unique looking. :D Awesome that he's so tame, too, after getting him as an adult.

Yea, Garfield's story, is just amazing. Since, you got him as an adult, and he is so so tame. Plus, he became tame, so, very very very quickly.

Thank you, for, the update and the photo's. Keep us posted, he made my day, as usual :rhin: .

Ciaobella

Postby Ciaobella » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Beautiful cat!
Was Cierpke, lost password xD
Delight

Postby Delight » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:13 pm

He's soooo cute!! My serval is still very sweet too, although he has times when he would rather be left alone, he's fairly social for the most part. I wish he didn't pace so much though, I'm spending a lot in hay and I wish he had nice things actually growing in his enclosure instead of just having hay down, but maybe once we expand it again it will give things more room to grow! Garfield looks great though! Such a handsom boy!

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”