PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Clouded Leopards PA

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Splashstorm

Re: Clouded Leopards PA

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe you can get in touch with a zoo and ask how you can start up a clouded leopard breeding program? The thing with these guys is that they have to meet their future mates at a pretty young age or they won't reproduce at all, and if separated, they won't look for a new mate (at least that's what I heard..)
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Viltor

Postby Viltor » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Yup we need a massive breeding program so we can have one in every household! :P
autumn86

Postby autumn86 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I would like to help protect the species. I'm surprised that no one has thought of it. Their breeding gene pool in the US is very small so it would have to be one imported from Asia to expand the gene pool.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:26 pm

When are you going to begin this plan that you have? I think it would just be so amazing if this succeeds!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
autumn86

Postby autumn86 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Hopefully, in 2 years. I need to get an endangered species permit and find out how to get a clouded leopard from asia. I also need the amount of space to house a leopard. I have an idea of a enclosure that would be escape-poof but also be a part of a house that I buy or build. Right now, everything is still in the brainstorming stage. I need to find proper channels to obtain a leopard and to keep one in PA.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:30 am

Sounds great, autumn!

ImageImage

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”