PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Our Bobcat Benji

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

egroegart

Our Bobcat Benji

Postby egroegart » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Just a couple more pics of Benji. My flash wasn't working tonight so the pics are a bit grainy. Our bobcat Benji is such a good boy. Bobcats are very possessive about their food, and Benji is sometimes too when he's got a whole chicken he's working on. But he also is a little spoiled too, lol She likes to feed him by hand sometimes too, which is something you don't want to do all the time with bobs because they will expect it all the time then. But she does it every couple days or so. Athena always has to be there when he's eating and he doesn't mind at all. He is a big eater, and it's been taking him about 3 days to eat a whole adult chicken. He eats everything but the feet usually.
Thank you for all the nice and welcoming comments.
codycatz

Re: Our Bobcat Benji

Postby codycatz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 am

These guys start my day off with a smile.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Thank you Mary. They start our day off with smiles too. He is such a good boy. But he can be naughty too, like Jumbe
Amberthebobcat

Postby Amberthebobcat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Bobcats possessive over food?? lol. Bobcats can be quite possessive over anything the silly stinkers lol :kitty
In the cougar's den with 4 domestic cats, 5 bobcats and 1 loving cougar :-)
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Yep, Possessive over everything. It's funny we can hand feed him anything, but when he gets his whole chickens he is possessive. The kids toys........possessive. Yesterday he was on a mission. He had to have everything just running around taking things and growling. Everything was his and he wanted to let us know. lol.
Amberthebobcat

Postby Amberthebobcat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 pm

I love that about bobs. They know they rule and no one is going to tell them different lol. Natasha is my theif and her favorite thing to take at the moment is the toilet paper. I have to hide it. And now, I have to get child proof latches for some of my cabinets, because she knows how to open them and will pull stuff out. Aiya just looks at me as if to say, I didn't do it :lol:
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Just some more pics of Benji
Preparing his meal lol
Just a little redecorating
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 pm

and from today
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Video from today. Benji just waking up from a nap.
http://youtu.be/kB9zf2oRK3g
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Another one Buster our boxer destroying boxes and Benji usually helps out more but he just woke up.
http://youtu.be/TFWznALXzMI
codycatz

Postby codycatz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

They do make me smile!
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Thank you Mary. They are so funny. And Benji is such a good boy. I think he is out of his puppy biting stage. He may mouth us here and there, but it is very gentle. He knows not to clamp down. He actually likes to clamp onto someones arm to go to sleep at night. lol. It gets a little painful if you need to turn over though. But he is just awesome. He is also telling on Athena a lot. If he catches her chewing something he goes over to her and knocks her away from it and then comes to us like he's telling on her.
Trefoil

Great pictures

Postby Trefoil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 pm

rearranging the house, getting in cabinets, and stealing possessions- sounds like a coon. And a lot of fun to own.
Amberthebobcat

Postby Amberthebobcat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:23 pm

That pic of Benji looks as if he is laughing :mrgreen:
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 pm

It does look like he's laughing John. Michelle took that one with her cell phone. She didn't even know he was yawning. lol

Thanks Trefoil, yes, it is a lot of fun. We absolutely love it. Michelle just carries him around like a baby everywhere she goes. He is spoiled rotten. And rotten he is too. You should never ever have anything fragile or valuable out, or in an unlocked cupboard with a bob. We have awoken several times in the middle of the night to the sounds of crashing glass or something breaking. So pretty much everything has been put away so that he doesn't get hurt. He usually sleeps with us or one of the kids but some nights he just isn't ready for bed yet so we leave him out in the rest of the house. We have baby latches on our lower cupboards now. But in the last few weeks he has gained enough strength to jump up on the counter. So now he can get into the upper cupboards.

It really is a wonderful experience. It does take kind of a unique person or family to be owned by one of these guys. They can be challenging. But it is so worth it.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”