PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Our Bobcat Benji

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

egroegart

Re: Our Bobcat Benji

Postby egroegart » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Michelle's son Cubby has a youtube page now. He took a vid of Benji eating mashed potatoes the other day. We don't know why he loves potatoes so much but he does and it is so funny to watch him eating them. Enjoy. http://youtu.be/HMuJvbvZ0bY
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Awww! hehe :3
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Buster is 80 pounds. Benji really doesn't look that much smaller than him anymore.

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Wow, Benji is getting really big! I can't believe he's still growing O_O
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Yes, he still has some growing to do yet. He is just a year and 5 months old now. Here's a video of two vicious animals. lol
http://youtu.be/GRmjyZL_jYQ
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 am

Back in March 2012 this video was on America's Funniest Home Videos. Once we submitted the video they owned all rights to it so I couldn't post it on the internet anywhere. This company has rights to post AFV videos and I just found it this week. So here it is. I love some of the comments people make too. Just hilarious. Athena and Benji always play with the laundry basket even to this day. Enjoy

My America's Funniest Home Video
http://youtu.be/PROUmZS7MhE
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 am

I love the pictures and videos.

Benji and Athena is such a unique pair.

Benji is so beautiful. does his fur color change?
some pictures look almost white. some look darker.
but, either way he is gorgeous, and such a well behaved guy.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks Pat. I think it is just the light in certain rooms that make him look lighter or darker. On some pictures that he looks really white I edit the picture to make it darker like he is.

He is for the most part very well behaved. He can be so bad sometimes. Just like a little kid getting into mischief, but it's so hard to get mad at him when he looks at you with those eyes.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am

Oh, Also Benji sprays now. and he sprays everything. We just wipe it up with a paper towel and Mr. Clean.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 pm

I kind of thought the changes of light would affect his coloring.
but, no matter what color he looks, he is still beautiful.

Oh, Also Benji sprays now. and he sprays everything. We just wipe it up with a paper towel and Mr. Clean.

bummer. is he fixed? I assume bobs start to spray as they get older, as do house cats if intact.

I loved this video:
My America's Funniest Home Video
http://youtu.be/PROUmZS7MhE

of course all of them are really great and enjoyable to watch.

egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks Pat. No, He is not fixed yet. Having them fixed may reduce how much they spray, but all bobcats will spray fixed or not.

We were happy to have the video be on the show, but what is disappointing is that we can't show the video anywhere. I'm glad that company has the rights from AFV to post videos. We thought no one would ever see that video again except for reruns of the show once in a great while.

Benji is funny. He has always acted like he could spray. He has always backed up to us like he is spraying us but now it is really happening. lol. It's not terrible, the odor isn't bad and wipes up in a second.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm

He is not fixed yet. Having them fixed may reduce how much they spray, but all bobcats will spray fixed or not

I didn't know that about bobcats. I just thought their behavior was similar to a house cat in that respect.
with male house cats, (at least mine anyway) gets fixed at mature age, they still mark, but not as bad.
if fixed before maturity, they don't mark at all.

We were happy to have the video be on the show, but what is disappointing is that we can't show the video anywhere. I'm glad that company has the rights from AFV to post videos. We thought no one would ever see that video again except for reruns of the show once in a great while.
did you win on the one? if not you should have got the grand prize.
I don't understand why you can't show the video anymore.

long time ago (when sybil was younger) I sent a whole tape of sybil. the clips I thought they would of used, they didn't.
the only ones I can remember that they aired is one of her scratching her rear end on a picnic bench, and the other playing with one of my coonhounds. but, they never mentioned anything about not showing the video. I think they sent me a t-shirt for each clip they used and I think about 50.00 a clip.

Benji is funny. He has always acted like he could spray. He has always backed up to us like he is spraying us but now it is really happening. lol. It's not terrible, the odor isn't bad and wipes up in a second
. maybe he was just practicing :lol:
thats good it don't smell. foxes smell when they mark. but, they don't spray.

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

The video of Athena caging Benji was so cute :3 That sucks that you can't show that video. It's yours for goodness sakes.

ImageImage
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Pat, bobs are different from domestics in that way. They will still spray but it is usually less. But doesn't have that ransid odor like domestics. Benji got me for the first time tonight. I was helping Michelle's son Drew with his maneuverability for his driving test and we get home and Benji was in the enclosure. The enclosure is right next to our sidewalk that leads to the back door of the house. Benji talked to us the whole way up the sidewalk then when we got to the steps I was petting him through the enclosure he turned around and in an instant he got me. I usually have time to react but he was lightening fast. lol.

And no, we didn't get anything except a t-shirt for that video. I know we are biased because we thought our video was the best. lol. But the video that won was not funny in the least bit. We really don't care at all, and honestly we wish we would have never sent in the video. We would have much rather been able to post it on youtube and other places on the internet for people to see and be able to take credit for it. We didn't get any money either. Do you have those videos still of her scratching her rear on the picnic bench? I would love to see that.

Thanks Splashstorm. They still play with that basket. Benji was just in it earlier waiting for her to play with him. But she wasn't interested tonight.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

egroegart,

why would bobs spray on people? and why do they spray to begin with? just curious.
does benji spray on any of his animal friends?
I know for foxes, it is generally to claim it.

Benji got me for the first time tonight
I assume it was more of a spray then it would be if he was fixed?
but, I still don't understand why they spray on people.
sorry, I don't really know much about exotic cats. but, am slowly learning from you.

And no, we didn't get anything except a t-shirt for that video. I know we are biased because we thought our video was the best

one would think they would at least give you some money, since they make money from their show. I say you should have won.
let me guess, the winner was of a little kid? they seem to be partial to little kids.
is My America's Funniest Home Video on a local channel? or was that on animal planet? sybil was on the animal planet channel.

We didn't get any money either. Do you have those videos still of her scratching her rear on the picnic bench?

yep, I posted them here awhile back. but, since removed them. I will repost in the bear forum.
out of all the clips I sent them, that was the least funniest one.
when I get more time, I want to post those clips and more on sybils web site and utube.
what is the length limit on utube ? I am not good with videos, haven't had time to work with them much.

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”